A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 313,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
227 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make Bedding for Ferrets!  (Read 1419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 11, 2004 07:33:08 AM »

Every year a number of ferret shelters and organizations get together and make a Ferret Giving Tree.  The Ferret Giving Tree gives shelter operators an opportunity to feature individual adoptables, and allows the rest of us to be secret santa and choose a shelter ferret to spoil with gifts at the holiday season.  These gifts don't have to be crafty, but I think most people choose to make bedding and toys.  I always love animal-based charities, and this one is one of my favorites.  Please visit http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page1.html to see this year's Ferret Giving Tree, and maybe one of those cute little faces will catch your eye, and another fuzzy will get special stuffies this year.

For ideas about what you can make for ferrets, you can visit Ferrets Are Love.  http://www.ferretsarelove.com/products.html  Fran hand-makes all her bedding and toys, and you can see what designs are most usable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
moondream
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004 05:32:11 PM »

OMG, the ferrets are so precious! Aww, if I had more spare time, I would do it and spoil a cute little ferret. Is this a project they do every year? I definately would love to do it next year so I could have some time to prepare and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004 12:18:11 PM »

Yes, they do it every year.  And there are usually two separate Giving Trees organized by members of the Ferret Mailing List.  One is the one I posted above.  The second is for ADV positive ferrets.  ADV is a highly contagious virus that effects ferrets and mink and other weasel-family relatives.  It is a devastating disease, and can be contracted by on minimal exposure, so there are special shelters who handle ONLY ADV+ ferrets.  These precious critters have a death sentence, as there is no cure.  I'll see if I can find the address for this year's ADV+ Giving Tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Postage Stamp Cards
Crazy Cacti
Meatless Monday: Biryani Masala Spice Mix

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...