A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 315,233
Currently Running With Scissors:
239 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: apple-shaped sleeping bag for ferrets  (Read 7555 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_bed  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

thisisheartcore
« on: May 07, 2007 12:51:26 PM »

My ferrets like to curl up in their sleeping bags and I thought it would be cute to sew them some special sleeping bags. I drew an apple (approx. 30x35 cm.), used the drawing as a pattern and sewed this sleeping bag out of red, orange and green fleece fabric.

I'm not allowed to post pictures yet, so I have to link my flickr:
Vicky and Emily by mo hellfire, on Flickr
Emily Weasel by mo hellfire, on FlickrNext time I'll go for a strawberry sleeping bag... an orange would be nice, too.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010 01:50:32 PM by pixieval - Reason: revealed images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
southern5footer
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007 12:54:10 PM »

hehe that is cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyPirateGirl

The Craftsters made me do it

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007 01:02:34 PM »

Awwww, too cute!  Lucky ferrets!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting apparel and gifts at www.CraftingShirts.com

You can see the rest of my web-based work at www.OuterMonologue.com and www.PiratesCloset.com.

*** Out of pocket for a while to move into our new house!  I'll try to check in periodically. : )  Ciao! ***
very_vizsla
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007 04:30:11 PM »

what a REALLY cute bag. i think that all the people that make stuff for their small animals are missing out on an untapped market. owners would pay TONS for money for stuff like that! small animal items are usually very utilitarian & boring. if i had a rat/guinea pig/ferret, i'd buy something like that in a snap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is too short to wear a boring dog collar - Custom made handbeaded dog collars & martingale collars
thisisheartcore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007 12:22:37 PM »

thanks for the compliments, yes, hammocks and sleeping backs are either very "utilitarian" (I like that word ; )) or extremely expensive. So I got myself a sewing machine some time ago and started sewing toys and hammocks myself. They usually turn out to be much prettier than the stuff available in the pet stores or at ebay, anyway. Sometimes I believe the ferrets don't really appreciate it, though  Grin my ferret girl sometimes likes to hide behind the washer, curled up in a cleaning rag...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fallencupid
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007 08:47:40 AM »

Cheesy Awwwwww. That is so cute and adorable. I'm sure you could make other fruits into sleeping bags--I'd want a pear.  Wink But I don't have any ferrets. I always wanted to get one though. But my husband doesn't like the idea. Nor did he like the idea of a Sugar Glider either....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xashiex
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007 03:05:10 PM »

OMG! thats to precious! i love how soft n comfy it looks! thats ok like they say (about lil kids neways) no matter how expensive the toy they always want to play with the box! haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blisstic
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007 12:11:42 PM »

So cute ^^ So is the sleeping bag  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ steph
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007 09:41:35 PM »

totally adorable and a great way to use those leftovers! Toby, Ruby, and Safire would love that sort of thing.
They currently have a homemade hammock that has lasted 4 years but needs patched, And a bed sheet. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not super active, but still crafting and post lots on facebook.
cowgirlz101
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007 12:41:39 AM »

those ferrets are adoreable and I love the sleeping bags idea~good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One moment can change everything!

Live your life to the fullest every day!

Let your past remain behind you as you look forward to the future!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
February 13, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Reusable Shopping Bag

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...