A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
194 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Supply Swap?  (Read 1325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2004 10:16:42 AM »

So I'm looking through my craft storage box this week and I have LOTS of supplies that I'll never use. Things like eyelets and paint and purse handles. I was wondering if anyone else had supplies they bought then didn't use (and didn't see themselves using them in the future) that they'd like to swap? If I get enough positive feedback, I'll organize a swap.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
emerald6
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004 10:23:21 AM »

i'd love to do that - although would you be able to classify what people were swapping? for example, people who knit would want to trade with other knitters, or at least people who didn't knit would want to swap with others who don't... if that makes sense... anyways, i'm in for sure!

i'd love to swap jewelery making supplies, especially beads, charms and findings... ive got so many little bit and pieces left from other projects that i have nothing to do with now... i cant wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004 10:34:20 AM »

Another possibility you might want to consider...

After New Years, we're probably going to do another Let Me Make Your Craft swap, because the first one was REALLY fun.  Check out the swap gallery to see it.  We sent random supplies to a partner and then that person would make stuff using the supplies and send it back.  If you're into that, maybe hang onto some of the stuff  Smiley

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
Tappanga

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004 10:42:11 AM »

i'd love to do that - although would you be able to classify what people were swapping? for example, people who knit would want to trade with other knitters, or at least people who didn't knit would want to swap with others who don't... if that makes sense... anyways, i'm in for sure!

i'd love to swap jewelery making supplies, especially beads, charms and findings... ive got so many little bit and pieces left from other projects that i have nothing to do with now... i cant wait!

Yea, I wanted to make it so that you could request things, if there was enough support. You could list what you have, and also the general category of what you'd like. Say, you're giving up your screenprinting supplies, but you're a knitter now, you'd list that. It can't be more specific than that because then we'd have someone looking to get a certain gauge needle and it'd get all crazy.

Did that make sense? I'm still waking up....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tappanga

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004 10:44:52 AM »

Another possibility you might want to consider...

After New Years, we're probably going to do another Let Me Make Your Craft swap, because the first one was REALLY fun.  Check out the swap gallery to see it.  We sent random supplies to a partner and then that person would make stuff using the supplies and send it back.  If you're into that, maybe hang onto some of the stuff  Smiley

Melinda

Nah. I like the idea, but most of the stuff I bought with other projects in mind that either turned out badly or I decided I didn't want to do anyway. With the eyelets, I ran out making something and went to buy more. I had to get a different brand, but the box said they were the same size. The TOTALLY weren't. And the new box had like 700 eyelets in it. Then I had to buy more. They were wrong, too. Basically I'm swimming in eyelets. Once I got the correct ones, I didn't care about the project anymore and used the materials (other than the freaking eyelets) for something else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DeniseM

The older I get, the better I was! ! !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004 02:11:33 PM »

I'd love this one.  I think there was one like this not too long ago and I got a great box of stuff, and so did my person.  One thing to keep in mind is that the box size has to be set so everyone comes out with a fair swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...