A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 320,310
Currently Running With Scissors:
279 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Atheism?  (Read 6348 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

gavagai
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007 04:18:49 AM »

and I am sorry to be so OT, but to get back to the topic, I would love an atheist swap (or atheist/agnostic or hooray for secularism swap).  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theaveragedream

beware of those who dislike cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007 06:11:59 AM »

Well, you don't have to be non-Christian to respect other religions or lack thereof. I think it'd be really cool to do a, "This is my religion, what's yours?" Swap. We all seem to be pretty-openminded here. And it's always nice to learn new things from a practicing point of view. A lot of people only know stereotypes of certain religions, and don't bother to look into them. I'm not so sure how one would craft to this though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007 06:33:23 AM »

This thread veered off-topic, so I had to delete some posts.
I have to applaud all of you for the civil discussion of the topic, but it went way afield of discussing a swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
gavagai
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007 06:49:44 AM »

O.k. sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007 09:51:12 AM »

Okay, maybe it was a bit strong to state straight out that atheism is a religion, so I'll just say that those I know who have stated their atheism (most of my other friends just are without a need to say it), have been religiously so Wink Mainly because they've been so surrounded by strong religions in their life. Roll Eyes

I think a "this is my religion, what's yours", is a bit of a different idea than this. Not to exclude swaps concerning deities, I'd just prefer to get to do those separately. Sort of like how I suspect those who are strongly atheistic wouldn't join a "major religions" swap.
I know I'm exaggerating, just don't know how to say it right Cheesy
I'm just thinking about what the first poster said, how it's nice to feel you're not the only non-religious person out there, which the mix would sort of choke I think.
Just my thoughts about it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
cait
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007 10:07:51 AM »

I agree with Melladh. I think we are all very open-minded, and that's really great, but I think it would be fun to have a strictly athEIst (thanks!) swap, where we can make shirts or journals with quotes, or bags and things with images. I would love to participate in someone's suggestion of a "This is my religion, what's yours" swap, I think it would be very interesting, but I'd also like to have one where we craft things only related to atheism. Not with the goal of excluding people, but to have some crafts related to our views. There are a lot of great symbols and figures as mezofoprezo originally said, and I think it would be fun to craft things around them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gavagai
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007 10:56:38 AM »

There are Christian/love Jesus swaps, so why not a Atheist/love Darwin swap?  Grin Well, maybe not exactly, but still, I'd love an atheist swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gavagai
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007 10:57:39 AM »

By the way, here is another thread about this: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=147655.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Suriah
"I would love to talk dirty to you in bed...

....with perfect grammar, of course"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007 11:10:06 AM »

I love the idea!! If you do this, I'm totally in Cheesy  I have the funnies bumper sticker collection ever (okay they are not ALL related to this topic hehe)  I have to say visit www.northernsun.com best catalog ever.  I'm not sure whether is legal (or moral) to copy their quotes ourselves, but as long as we're not selling it I think it is okay?  Lots of the sayings are quoted from people anyways.  I'm going to be away for the month of June so hopefully I will not miss this if you guys get it going.  Although, if we did do it and I was going to be 'planned late' I could send my partner something cool from Africa as an extra when I get back hehe. Cheesy  Anyways, again LOVE the idea and I also like the alternative religion idea- maybe a 'spiritual not religious' kind of swap? I think I fit into both categories but I am NOT going to bore you or try and explain that Cheesy

PS: I saw the WOW avatar and you rock!!  Maybe a WOW swap??? I'm not sure how many serious nerds there are out there?? OMG how about a nerd swap? I'm now going to go look through the old swap threads LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Suri~

"When vegetarians grow up, they become vegans"

"Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, "I've lost my electron." "The other says, "Are you sure?" The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive..."
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007 01:08:15 PM »

PS: I saw the WOW avatar and you rock!!  Maybe a WOW swap??? I'm not sure how many serious nerds there are out there?? OMG how about a nerd swap? I'm now going to go look through the old swap threads LOL

hehe I think there's been at least one of both already, so more could prolly get going. WoW swap, video game swap, nerd swap (I think), and many more Smiley

*jumps over to the other related thread*
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007 01:12:47 PM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pom Pom Shades
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...