A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,581
Currently Running With Scissors:
250 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fire! fire! fire!  (Read 10396 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007 02:19:53 PM »

well an even greater tragedy

I have no idea what sugar cookies are, I have never eaten one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with you.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
Ta2oodmama
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007 03:33:03 PM »

about a year back, I was having a Going Away BBQ for a friend of mine, and my son decided that he was going to grill up some Leggos when no one was watching. so all of my BEAUTIFUL NY strips had melted plastic all over them.

mmm, nothing like having gourmet Mac n' Cheese as a Going Away feast!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ignorant people always talk the loudest.
littlepunkkitty
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007 09:41:40 PM »

well an even greater tragedy

I have no idea what sugar cookies are, I have never eaten one
sugar cookies, my dear, are the best cookies ever (equal with chocolate chip, i would dare say).  google 'em and i'm sure you can find a recipe
pumpkinbear- i, too, am glad that everyone is safe.  our oven hates us.  when we first moved in we had no dishes nor furniture for about 3 weeks.  we got one of those take and bake pizzas from costco, put it in the oven and 20 minutes later our tiny apartment was filled with black smoke, the damn thermometer didn't work and while the dial said 350 it was closer to 400!  we finally got a thermometer for it.  but the best thing is my sweet boyfriend who, for some strange reason, makes twice as many chicken nuggets as he wants to eat, then leaves the rest in the oven on the baking sheet.  when i go to use the oven next (sometimes a few days later) i turn it on to preheat and only know there is food in there when it starts to burn and smoke.  hes been doing this for over a year now and he still gets me every time!  the best part is, he gets himself too! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ta2oodmama
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007 10:25:45 PM »

classic  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gwydion
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007 08:39:05 AM »

Oh my god...  Grin Grin  That was just TOO funny!

I had unexpected company once and quickly hid all the dirty dishes in the oven.  Three days later I preheated the oven to make some brownies.  Hot Tupperware smells awfully funny-- especially slightly moldy Tupperware...but I'm not always bright.  I sat there thinking "Ewww, what's that SMELL?" until every last piece of Tupperware had MELTED and stuck to all the other dirty dishes, the heating element, and the guts of the stove.  I never did get the brownies made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ta2oodmama
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007 02:02:40 PM »

Oh my god...  Grin Grin  That was just TOO funny!

I had unexpected company once and quickly hid all the dirty dishes in the oven.  Three days later I preheated the oven to make some brownies.  Hot Tupperware smells awfully funny-- especially slightly moldy Tupperware...but I'm not always bright.  I sat there thinking "Ewww, what's that SMELL?" until every last piece of Tupperware had MELTED and stuck to all the other dirty dishes, the heating element, and the guts of the stove.  I never did get the brownies made.

hahaha, that's actually a great place to hide unsightly dishes!! I'll have to use that....but of course, I'll also have to hide a sticky note to myself somewhere saying "dishes in oven"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007 04:45:32 AM »

Usually, the only thing I put/leave in the oven is something like a cookie sheet, but I've had a few incidents involving the stovetop. The first one involved trying to reduce some syrup, resulting in a complete loss of my only 1 1/2 quart pan (I still miss it  Cry  ), the second involved putting two pyrex loaf pans on an electric burner while it was on (I thought I was heating the back, so my cauliflower is sitting raw on the back burner, and my bread pans are approaching crack temp on the front).  When I noticed, I grabbed some oven mitts, and picked them up, but they shattered on contact with the hot pad I tried to put them on.  Sad   

I had a bad oven at our first apartment. DH made jokes about my biscuits always being burned on the bottom, and I figured I was a lousy cook. Until we moved, and my burning biscuit problem disappeared.  Wink

Glad you made it out safe, though. Did the cookie dough survive, or did it get messed up in the smoke? BTW, you ought to consider looking for some of those silicone molds: they're good up to 425 degrees Faranheit, if I remember correctly.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
berol
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007 07:53:14 AM »

BTW, you ought to consider looking for some of those silicone molds: they're good up to 425 degrees Faranheit, if I remember correctly.  Smiley

I've got some muffin ones and did have a cake one - they're awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*waves*
cmc_aust

Wandering in the wilderness, I realised I was LOST

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007 09:04:34 PM »

I have never tried to melt things in the oven because I KNOW this would happen to me too.

However, the other day I was making quince paste and needed to sterilise the jar.  It was an old mustard jar with a plastic lid.  I figured that, having boiled it, I would be ok to quickly dry it in the oven with the jar.

Guess who forgot about the drying jar and lid while she continued cooking quince paste?  Roll Eyes

I dried the jar.  I melted the lid.  I made a button:

It's big and red Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007 12:23:11 AM by cmc_aust » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I support Breast Cancer Awareness.  Do you?

Ravelry
Blog
Wist
cataway

we love puddin tats and runny babbits!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007 10:30:21 AM »

My kid didn't tell me he was using my cookie sheet with his magnet letters... guess what was stuck to the bottom of the pan when I put it in the oven...yup you guessed it, this episode brought to you by the letter F and the number 9, now melted pools of red and yellow plastic. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...