A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
171 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fire! fire! fire!  (Read 10412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
quillian91
Maniac with Hot Glue...

Craftster: Where Tacky is Tasteful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007 10:58:18 PM »

Haha! I am very glad I am so paranoid. When I was bakeing my Polymere Clay, I checked on it every two minutes and even then, i didnt bake it for the recommended ammount of time. About five minutes below it, because i was so worried that I would cause a fire...

Unfortunatly, I have had experiences with burrning things.

I was making cookies (it all starts with cookies, dosent it?!) and I put them in the oven. But then the phone rang and it was my dreaded math teacher, who wanted to talk to me about my abysmal grade in his class. And so, getting worked up and sweaty and shaky (as I always do when confronted by anyone) I forgot about the cookies and focused my attention on my teacher.

We had been talking for a while about everything I needed to do, and it took longer because he had to log onto his computer to see my grade and get me the assignment pages and such...

Apparently, I was talking longer than I had meant to, because I walk into the kitchen to get a glass of water (I had been talking alot), and there are thick black plumes of smoke flooding out and I saw flames.

Still holding the phone and talking to my Math Teacher, I begin to scream my head off and panic and wave my armsa around like a lunatic. I go to get the fire exstingisher, but I accidentaly dropped it in the dog's water bowl, and so I simply scream louder and run out of the house, cursing like a drunken sailor.

Luckily, My mom was in her room working on stained glass and she came tearing out when I ran out of the house and set everything right again, calmly putting the fire out, while I'm outside still screaming and panicing at my Math teacher, who I dont think really knew what to do...

It was an interesting time at math class the next day...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I dont do well in stressfull situations...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hazzard, Approach with caution! Especially if I am holding a Hot Glue gun!
http://www.wists.com/quillian91
wendy-bird
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2007 10:52:50 AM »

My boyfriend and I both cracked up at your little anecdote. (Although he wasn't laughing when I reminded him that that will be me 10 years down the line.)

I hope you get paid to write so well Cheesy
Happy you're safe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2007 06:59:22 AM »

ta2oodmama - Can you eat sugar beets?
I moved 1500 miles across the continent to find out that the sugar down here is weird. Where I am now, the sugar comes from sugar cane, where I used to live the sugar was made from sugar beets, which I didn't know existed until my mom came to visit and tried to cook with sugar cane sugar.

My mom's gooey cinnamon buns don't turn out nearly as well with sugar cane. sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antsy
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2007 09:48:35 AM »

I have only ever had a grease fire in the oven. I thought fast and threw baking soda on it and it went right out. Then when it all cooled I cleaned it out and the baking soda cleaned the oven better than the terrible for the environment, stinky, have to open every window oven cleaner did. So now the oven has a layer of baking soda on the bottom so no more grease fires and it cleans up easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...