A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
216 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Probably the worst Craft experience thus far...  (Read 2474 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
quillian91
Maniac with Hot Glue...

Craftster: Where Tacky is Tasteful.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2007 02:45:01 PM »

I love Hot glue, I do! Its my favorite crafting item...I use it for everything... But you think wisdome would come with experience... nope.

I was glueing peices of poster board to my Giant helmate for my halloween costume (I'm going as Pyramid Head from Silent Hill...). The glue was dripping... and I CANNOT get the glue on the chairs (Since they are very nice) So, not thinking, I stick my hand out to save the damn chair...

And a blob of boiling hot glue the size of a quarter falls right into the palm of my hand... Now I had already burnt all my other fingers (On both hands too... a record...), But this hurt like hell...

I had Already gotten a bowl of cold water incase of even more burns, but in my haste to get the boiling palm into the bowl of water, I knock it off the table (most of it got into the chair, go figure) and then in avoidance to get wet, I back into the helmate (Which is HUGE), and it begins to fall on me, I try to save it, but then I slip in the spilled water, and both me and the Pyramid Head fall to the soaked ground...

I lay there crying for a while in pain and frusteration...

Really... You think it couldnt get anyworse, but I had knocked over the hot glue gun and so it was dripping... on the chair...

Angry Angry Angry

Well, That was a few days ago... and my fingers are feeling better, but my palm sitll hurts like hell.. I got the glue scraped off of the chair (Some of it is still sticking), and the damage to my pyramid head is mostly repaired.

Never said Craftsers had to be the smartest of people. Looking back, there are many things I should have done much differently...

Sheeze.. That has to be the most stupidest thing I have ever done...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007 03:00:17 PM by quillian91 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hazzard, Approach with caution! Especially if I am holding a Hot Glue gun!
http://www.wists.com/quillian91
gallstones
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007 03:50:04 PM »

Whew! Having read your story I feel silly worrying over my last SNAFU. It was nothing like yours. No injuries, no pain, no damage--just an error in measuring that caused me to have to remake.

Thanks for the perspective, LOL Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelemonade

Ain't no rest for the wicked...!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007 07:57:52 PM »

Well, at least you learned something... and you have like 2 months to get you pyramid head ready for halloween  Wink, plenty of time!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! [email protected]

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007 08:04:58 PM »

I love  knowing I am not the only one  out here  having  "projects"  or   a spouse  that  has  these  things  happen.... I made teh sorry mistake of introducing my impatient hubby to the industrial hot glue gun my dad gave me.  That  was a huge  mistake on my part.  funny to watch tho. LOL  he  was  gluing and holding and gluing and holding and yelling  out darn it  ever few  seconds...  picture elmer fudd and a hot glue gun... there  you have it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007 09:55:56 AM »

That's a horrible experience, I hope your recovery is quick!

Once I was painting a chair, and took the proper precautions of laying down some plastic on the floor underneath.  Unfortunately I did NOT take the precaution of putting the cat in another room, and being the curious creature he is he came sniffing around... I shooed him away, causing him to back up onto the lid which was laying (of course!) face up and covered with paint.  He immediatly freaked out and went running across our wood floors.  For 3 years (until we moved) we had little white cat paw prints running across our dining room floor. 

After some time I actually became a bit fond of them, and I sort of miss them now, but at the time I was furious.  Mostly with myself for being an idiot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Parilla
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007 09:22:28 AM »

Somewhere on these boards is the story of how I glued my hand to my crotch.  To wit:

I had this great shirt with tiny rhinestones on it.  One morning, while I was getting dressed, one fell off.  I immediatly opened the medicine cabinet and pulled out my tube of superglue (this is where I keep these things) and glued it back on.  Problem solved.  Then I looked down and realized my jeans were unzipped.

So I zipped them.

With superglue on my fingers.

My only pair of jeans.

It took me a while, but I eventually ripped my fingers off of my zipper flap-thingies without leaving any skin on the jeans.  My fingers, however, were adorned with fuzzy blue fibers for a while.

Admittedly, your's hurt a lot more.  Hot glue is evil!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brouhaha
Bespoke by Brouhaha!

Craftdaft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007 09:49:22 AM »

Sob.  I feel your pain.

And, rest assured... you're not the only one who's done this!!!

I love Hot glue, I do! Its my favorite crafting item...I use it for everything... But you think wisdome would come with experience... nope.

I was glueing peices of poster board to my Giant helmate for my halloween costume (I'm going as Pyramid Head from Silent Hill...). The glue was dripping... and I CANNOT get the glue on the chairs (Since they are very nice) So, not thinking, I stick my hand out to save the damn chair...

And a blob of boiling hot glue the size of a quarter falls right into the palm of my hand... Now I had already burnt all my other fingers (On both hands too... a record...), But this hurt like hell...

I had Already gotten a bowl of cold water incase of even more burns, but in my haste to get the boiling palm into the bowl of water, I knock it off the table (most of it got into the chair, go figure) and then in avoidance to get wet, I back into the helmate (Which is HUGE), and it begins to fall on me, I try to save it, but then I slip in the spilled water, and both me and the Pyramid Head fall to the soaked ground...

I lay there crying for a while in pain and frusteration...

Really... You think it couldnt get anyworse, but I had knocked over the hot glue gun and so it was dripping... on the chair...

Angry Angry Angry

Well, That was a few days ago... and my fingers are feeling better, but my palm sitll hurts like hell.. I got the glue scraped off of the chair (Some of it is still sticking), and the damage to my pyramid head is mostly repaired.

Never said Craftsers had to be the smartest of people. Looking back, there are many things I should have done much differently...

Sheeze.. That has to be the most stupidest thing I have ever done...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To be is to do.  To do is to be. Do be do be do.

(Please note that my site name might be a bit misleading.  At present I'm not in business and not selling pieces.  I just liked the pun aspect of "bespoke" given that I talk a lot!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...