A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
228 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides


Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fire! fire! fire!  (Read 10409 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pumpkinbear
« on: May 02, 2007 03:03:23 PM »

So let's say that you make reclaimed crayons using a cute little plastic ice cube tray with heart shapes in it. And let's say that you do this project in the oven, because the plastic ice cube tray is totally fine as long as you keep the oven temp to 200 degrees or less. Totally fine, yes, totally fine.

However, do not turn off the oven and then leave the plastic ice cube tray with half-melted crayons in it, thinking, "Ha! I'll save energy by letting the crayons melt as the oven cools down! I am so eco!" Don't do this, because you will forget about the ice cube tray. The next day, you will make sugar cookies with your toddler. You will preheat the oven. Later, as you're rolling out the dough, you will hear a bang and acrid smoke will begin to pour from the oven throughout the house. You'll have to wake the baby from her nap, flee outside with everyone, and sit in the yard while you call your husband on the cell and explain that he has to come home from work because the oven is on fire and if you have to breathe acrid smoke it will probably contaminate your breastmilk.

I really had a hankering for sugar cookies, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patrick_Craftrick
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007 03:47:40 PM »

It is a good thing that everyone made it outside ok and that nothing other than the oven caught on fire.

I was preheating the oven one day.  I opened the oven door to find my heating element had broken and was now dripping molten metal all over the floor of the oven.  It was a good thing that we were moving out of that place when it happened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ware the Sock-A-Zins!

http://potatocraft.etsy.com
CrAzYhOuSe
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007 06:31:34 PM »

I'm glad everyone made it out ok and nothing else burned. After saying that I had to snicker. That is something I would totally do. I forget everything, especially when it comes to the oven. I now open the oven look in, then turn the oven on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!
Offline Offline

Posts: 3353
Joined: 04-Sep-2005

Proud Army National Guard Wife!


View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007 06:37:07 PM »

Aww, glad no one was hurt!  I must say I too am guilty of leaving things on and in the oven....like the time I tried to make soup, and thought I'd get on the computer while I waited for the water to boil...and then came upstairs to find all the water evaporated, the handle smoking...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 2010 <3
I love my son!
<3 Ethan Orion - December 2015 <3
Ta2oodmama
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007 09:29:47 PM »

oh my gosh! I've done that EXACT same thing!!!!! no joke! breastfeeding and EVERYTHING! LOL! I'm so happy that everyone is okay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ignorant people always talk the loudest.
very_vizsla
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007 04:06:13 AM »

i'm glad that everyone is okay, but your description of events really made me laugh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is too short to wear a boring dog collar - Custom made handbeaded dog collars & martingale collars
Ta2oodmama
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007 01:08:59 PM »

Found a Ninja Turtle in the Oven this morning when I was about to make a breakfast cassarole. Alas, poor Leonardo, we knew him well.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ignorant people always talk the loudest.
knitting_nyxxie
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007 02:10:04 PM »

I will have to say I am very happy you and your children are all ok.

I was pre heating my oven once and open it to find out that my genious fiance (ex now) had put the candle lighter in there! Talk about an almost desaster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
Plastico
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007 08:04:05 PM »

Oh, sure -- everyone can relate. "I've done THAT before!" But don't you all realize the real tragedy in all this?  SHE STILL HAS NO SUGAR COOKIES!!

Oh, the humanity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ta2oodmama
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007 09:25:25 PM »

<---alergic to Sugar Cane. THAT'S a tragedy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ignorant people always talk the loudest.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
 
Jump to:  



FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics



Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It



Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Help | About | Press | Advertise | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map | Do not sell my personal information

Copyright ©2003-2017, Craftster.org, © 2009-2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands