A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 314,206
Currently Running With Scissors:
123 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitched biking gear  (Read 2329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 27, 2007 07:05:17 PM »

Here's a top tube protector and a hip bag that I made recently, the first using the back and straps of an old backpack, the second based on bags we saw online for like $50-70.

http://pics.livejournal.com/lindsoriah/pic/000215be/

http://pics.livejournal.com/lindsoriah/pic/00023f8z/

I've got more pics of the bag, i.e. the beltloops, the U-lock pocket, etc., but i dunno how many cyclists there are on here.  

Hope you all like!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011 01:45:32 PM by LimeRiot - Reason: tried to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007 07:08:12 PM »

I am a cyclist! I think that those are super! how did you make them? You know......I always wanted to come up with something to hold my milkbones with easy access so I can grab them and throw them as the neighborhood dogs advance.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
faitmain
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007 07:12:30 PM »

Another cyclist here.  I really like the bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsoriah

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007 07:15:44 PM »

I am a cyclist! I think that those are super! how did you make them? You know......I always wanted to come up with something to hold my milkbones with easy access so I can grab them and throw them as the neighborhood dogs advance.......

haha glad you like it.  there are more pictures on my blog at lindsoriah.livejournal.com

i didn't take any pictures in the process of making it, but i could do a written tutorial if you tell me which item you are wanting to make.  Also I'm planning to make a smaller hip pouch soon if you'd like those instructions more...

to faitmain--
uh, i really like your BABY'S HAT!!! i saw your post of that a while back and i think it's so cute, especially the picture you have where he's like 'sup?'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
faitmain
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007 03:58:29 PM »

we can't wait for him to bike... it was the first and only baby gear item I thought we needed.  I'll have to wait a bit.  I'm still secretly hoping that he will learn to ride a bike before he learns to walk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsoriah

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007 04:58:53 PM »

we can't wait for him to bike... it was the first and only baby gear item I thought we needed.  I'll have to wait a bit.  I'm still secretly hoping that he will learn to ride a bike before he learns to walk.

there's this brochure i found for a kid's triathlon and the distances are ADORABLE.  it's like a two mile bike ride, a 1/4 mile run and a 100 m swim.  This followed by "training wheels not recommended".  awwww so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiQ
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007 04:47:50 AM »

Ahh, the finish line photos for that would be absolutely priceless!

A tute for the bag would be awesome!  That's a great idea to make your own accessories for your bike!  I can't believe I haven't even considered that until now... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a moat.  Filled with badgers.
MissKnits

i'm new to this

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007 09:29:01 AM »

i'd love to see more of the bike gear you've made! the hip bag is pretty sweet.
i too am a cyclist and have recently been going nuts with stitching bike accessories (ie knit seat cover, panniers and tube protector and sewn lock cover and messanger bag).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsoriah

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007 10:08:25 AM »

i'd love to see more of the bike gear you've made! the hip bag is pretty sweet.
i too am a cyclist and have recently been going nuts with stitching bike accessories (ie knit seat cover, panniers and tube protector and sewn lock cover and messanger bag).

besides these things the only things i've made are a smaller knit tube protector and a roll-up tool bag, but neither are in my posession any more...  i'm planning to make some more stuff though, so I'll just slap it on this post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flyingwithangels
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007 11:40:25 AM »

the bags are great!  DIY beats $50-$70 any day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Paper
Craftster Rocks!
Meatless Monday: Strawberry Basil Muffins

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...