A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 321,361
Currently Running With Scissors:
102 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mmmn black checkered, red, and brass brads *Img Loaded Goodness*  (Read 2517 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Adetten
Jen the Jew

You got to pick up every stitch

View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2007 11:36:53 PM »

Yeah so I'm redoing my room and I couldn't wait to post, this is a chair that I redid. Got it on craigslist for 10$, stripped it of its original 50's fabric and foam and spent about 20$ for material, foam, stain, brads, and batting.... Heres the results. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Whole view, with one of my cats on it, that love it so much I can't keep em off it. As you can tell by the hair lol

Back brad design and view of fabric, its not pinstriped just has a ridge that makes it look like it on camera.

Front brad design and you can see how I pleated to corners instead of sewing. The brads are straight its just my camera

Side brads and whatnot

Original fabric with AA battery for size comparison lol

Anyway I love it and have enough fabric left over for pillows for my bed.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What about simple people like you and me, All we wanna do is have some fun, bring some joy to everyone, play some music that makes you move, watch you shake your body and groove, bob your head to the beat and rock steady, Let me know when your ready, burn some herb and get irie.." - Outlaw Nation
susankg53
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007 08:54:17 PM »

beautiful chair, looks like an old leather chair my grandma had and we got it and my mom recovered it, but it isn't nearly as nice as your chair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007 05:03:07 PM »

Really classy looking! Upholstering costs so much-I'm big on the stapler method myself Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
Adetten
Jen the Jew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007 09:43:05 PM »

Thanks, whats great about it is the brads cover up all the staples so it really finished it off. I'm actually looking for more things to redo now I never knew it would be this much fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What about simple people like you and me, All we wanna do is have some fun, bring some joy to everyone, play some music that makes you move, watch you shake your body and groove, bob your head to the beat and rock steady, Let me know when your ready, burn some herb and get irie.." - Outlaw Nation
GhostAcademy
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007 10:32:52 PM »

ooh, I have this EXACT chair and I've been wanting to recover it forever.  How did you manage the top back part (with the curvy seam?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
Adetten
Jen the Jew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007 11:30:42 PM »

ooh, I have this EXACT chair and I've been wanting to recover it forever.  How did you manage the top back part (with the curvy seam?)

well I cut the foam to the back pattern and just pulled the fabric over it stapled it down cut out a square, folded the edge under,  stapled it every so many inches around it and then put the brads over it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GhostAcademy
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007 01:04:26 PM »

wow, NO sewing?   Shocked  I need to try this.  I'll post pics once I get brave enough to rip apart the damn chair (and I find the right fabric)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
Adetten
Jen the Jew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007 03:22:27 PM »

Yeah I didn't feel like sewing it half way through same reason why all the corners are pleated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007 05:32:22 PM »

good job! my furniture recons always turn out lumpy.  i wish there was a before picture, though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Color Splash Feathers
Everybody Poops.

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...