A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 315,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
160 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nothing to crochet!!!  (Read 1991 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sleepybunny
« on: April 23, 2007 05:44:08 AM »

OMG!!! I've got nothing to crochet - I'm pacing around liked caged animal.  I've only been crocheting a few months and didn't realise it was so serious.  Somehow, catching up on the housework, doesn't quite cut it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007 09:50:28 AM »

I can relate - when I don't have a project I feel lost. I'm addicted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffeenomore

Poochiemama RIP 02/07/94-10/20/07

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007 10:19:28 AM »

OMG!!! I've got nothing to crochet - I'm pacing around liked caged animal.  I've only been crocheting a few months and didn't realise it was so serious.  Somehow, catching up on the housework, doesn't quite cut it...

Its very addicting, if you don't have a project, you start to sweat, your heart races, must have project, must have project lol. I've been known to totally zone out when I am trying to complete a project lol. (my dd wants blankets in the 4 house colors from HP. I am currently doing green/gray Slytherin, then only 3 more to go.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007 10:23:23 AM »

I always seem to have something on the hook. Right now, I'm addicted to the Seraphina shawl pattern  Tongue I've already made 4 and I just started on my 5th  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rocketqueen
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007 10:33:50 AM »

Do you always work off of a pattern? Why not just pick up the needle and see what happens. The cool thing about crocheting is you you can make a fun swatch and then turn it into anything just by stitching around it.

And sometimes a swatch is just a swatch.

Since you're relatively new to the hook, I'd recommend picking up a book of stitches (or looking them up) and just trying new things -- like bobbles, or bullions, or loop stitch. I like making super-huge bullions with an afghan hook, just for kicks. Yeah, it's an illness.

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BYA

Cunning, don't ya think?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007 10:45:20 AM »

Wander on down to the public library and see if they have any cool craft books with lots of pictures. That will get you inspired.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's a real burn, being right so often" - Malcomb Reynolds

Some of my illustrations:
http://www.dreamstime.com/easystreet_portfolio_pg1
My greeting card store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/easystreet
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007 10:50:55 AM »

google is your friend.

Seriously, you're in the internet...how can you NOT have a pattern available?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
sleepybunny
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007 12:50:49 PM »

Thanks for the advice!  I dug out my ancient Readers Digest Needlecrafts book, and guess what!  There were some great flowers I'd not tried before, so I've been using my stash of 4-ply (I think that's what you lot call "sport" weight) in outrageously bright colours - not quite sure how I ended up with so much of this - to make flowers!  Should keep me out of mischief until something else turns up.  Or might turn into a project in itself...

I have made a few small things eg mobile phone pouch, and a hat without a pattern or adapted from a pattern, but not that confident about bigger projects just yet... I've also found some more patterns online I might try...

And it's not so much the patterns and ideas - it's finding the yarn to make them with (and having the money to buy enough of it!!!).  I have a box full of odds and ends, mostly cotton, from my knitting days (I don't knit any more, cos it hurts!!!), but not really enough of any one thing to do much with unless it's a bright multicoloured extravaganza (seriously, I need shades to work with some of them - but they were mostly bought in the 80's, when I was "inspired" by Guatemalan weaving... At least that's my excuse!)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007 10:25:06 AM by sleepybunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged
aztecr3ina

I'm not that kind of girl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007 10:18:11 PM »

I always seem to have something on the hook. Right now, I'm addicted to the Seraphina shawl pattern  Tongue I've already made 4 and I just started on my 5th  Shocked

Leppardess, I'm working that one right now for my honey's grandma. It's turning out so beautifully, I think I may have to make myself one for when it gets chilly at work (all the time!). You're right, those are addicting!
Just a tip, sleepybunny, every woman can use a new purse! Try the Fat Bottom ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007 07:01:42 AM »

I understand completely about feeling antsy and wanting to crochet! I get sad at work when I'm away from my projects, so I spend way too much work time living vicariously through others on Craftster.  Grin  Of course, I always have a list of projects that I want to work on so I never really run out of things to make. I never find patterns online that I want to make, so to find new patterns I pull up a chair in the bookstore and look through all the books I haven't seen before.

I actually have a pair of knitting needles sitting on my work desk right now. (Don't throw me off the crochet board, please!) I learned how to cable stitch last night, so this morning I had to make just one more cable (which turned into four).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...