A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 322,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
233 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: canadian online/mailorder knitting stores?  (Read 2091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

SarahFroggy
« on: November 05, 2004 06:04:19 AM »

i want to make the sparkle hat from stitch n bitch and can't find 8mm 24inch circulars or even 8mm double point. does anyone know of any good canadian online knitting stores?

the sizes seem really obscure. i tried yarn forward and sew on, as well as marymaxim. no luck

thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elbow in the spine
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004 08:20:08 AM »

i tried ebay.ca and got some hits in canada, but most of them are huge lots like this:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11799&item=8144684362&rd=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004 08:54:12 AM »

http://www.elann.com is canadian.  The default is to list prices in US$, but at the bottomof the front page there's a thing you can click to get Canadian $ prices. 
They have lots of different kinds of needles (including my fave, casein) as well as discounted  yarns and books and stuff.
ETA:
http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=Addi%20Turbo%20Circular
They have 8mmx24" in addi turbos - they're $20.34 canadian.  so not cheap, but addis never are.  Also, if you always order with the same email address, they keep track of how much you've spent, and give you a gift cetificate when you hit certain milestones.- egads - I just checked, that milestone is $500US and the gift certificate is $50US.  You also get credits when you buy books or patterns.

I like this bit from their info page:
Our Nationality

Elann is a Canadian-owned company with Canadian, American, and overseas customers. You'll notice that this has necessitated making some choices  between British and American English spellings, and that what we decided upon was a compromise -- you'll see that we opted for fibre with the "re" instead of the "er," and color with the "or" instead of the "our." For check, we also opted for the "ck" over the "que", and finally, for catalogue, the "gue" instead of the "g". What could be more fair?!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004 09:10:51 AM by melidomi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004 09:02:57 AM »

thanks they have them!! but 20 bucks canadian. hmm now i've gotta think about it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
opheliac
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004 03:12:48 PM »

Well, if you're in Waterloo, there's a great place... The Mill Store, I think its called... On Moore street in Waterloo. Plenty of fabric, loads of yarn. Awesome place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
February 13, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Reusable Shopping Bag

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...