A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
249 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ANYONE FROM SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO?  (Read 38867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2004 11:39:33 AM »

There's no London Stitch'n'Bitch as far as I know.  Cry Wanna start one?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s
failurebydesign
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2004 11:58:04 AM »

hey i am south westie too!! in between windsor and london....a place called chatham and the only places we really have are wal-mart, zellers and fabric land....not much here....there may be a few independent places i have yet to discover...if anyone is in the guelph area visit "loony lizard" it's a dollar store on kortright and edinburgh in hartsland plaza...tons of scrapbooking stuff...anyways this is my first post!! yay for me!! i attempt crafts but nver complete them...such as my duct tape purse and photo album haha...it is my goal to complete something this summer!! anyways i think i have rambled enough!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

believer10
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2004 04:36:08 PM »

Oh man! I grew up in Sarn-yuck! (Sarnia) (I thought it was hilarious when Michael Moore kept talking to Sarnians in "Bowling for Columbine.") We used to go to Port Huron all the time. We always called it "going over the river"... which makes no sense to the people in London... (where I live now). There's a couple of Lewiscrafts in town. I don't know what is up with them. They seem to have become really, really expensive. Or am I just imagining that?  Huh

oh my! i am from Sarnia too!  but i live in Toronto now for school (art school to be exact!)  
Its soo funy you mentioned the bowling for columbine movie, i got fmaous at my rez for being fomr "the same place as those hicks in the movie"

and yes! lewis craft has become horribly exspensive.  stay away.  although white rose closed in sarnia and had a HUGE HUGE sale so i was able to pick up tons of yarn that was regular $8 for like less than $2.  

anyway it's soo nice to know there is another hometown girl on this site!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosered

terror of the highseas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2004 07:50:27 PM »

Hamilton right here! I go to Sheridan college for illustration. It seems there are quite a few Southwestern Ontarians here! Woo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bdlydrwngrl
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2004 10:08:28 AM »

I'm in London too Smiley  I just finished school...I should be around for a few more months.

There's a small yarn store at Richmond and Oxford called Needles & Pins...has anyone checked it out?  It's never open when I walk by.  I haven't been to many other stores -- just Lewiscraft in Westmount and Masonville, Michael's in the north end of the city and Wal Mart and Zellers.  I need to get out to Value Village soon and see what I can get my hands on.

I'd love a London Stitch and Bitch.  That would be so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trufflegirl

chocolatiere extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2004 08:56:25 AM »

I'm in Kitchener... I moved here from the boonies to be with my fiance, and I'm still getting familiarized with all the stores in the area, but there are a few places to recommend (sorry I can't remember specific names atm!):

There's a bead store called the Bead Bazaar on King St. in uptown Waterloo that's not bad --- a decent selection of beads and notions there, definitely worth checking out. They've got a loyalty program, too --- you get a little card where they keep track of your purchases, and when you spend a certain amount total, you get a discount.

There's an art supply store called The Artstore in behind the Waterloo Town Square mall (on Caroline St.), and another one a little farther north, just east of King on Princess E., called Racca's. (Racca's in particular seems to have really nice high-end supplies at good prices...)

I haven't found a really great fabric store here yet. There's the Bouclair just north of the Conestoga Mall, and a Fabricland down on Weber in Kitchener. I think there's a Len's Mill somewhere, and I know there are a few other places around; I don't drive so I'm kind of hampered by having to rely on bus routes when I go shopping.

Anybody have any more recommendations for this area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. --- Dorothy Parker
trufflegirl

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2004 09:00:18 AM »

Another little place I wanted to mention, this time for Toronto area crafters --- John Bead. It's the bead wholesaler where most of the great bead stores (Sassy Bead in Ottawa, Bead Bazaar in Waterloo, etc) get their beads. Unfortunately, because it's a wholesaler, you have to have a vendor's permit to even get in the door --- I went with a friend who makes and sells stained glass. It's the most incredible place --- the size of a large supermarket, with an amazing selection of beads and lots of other little crafty items. The prices are unbelievable, though of course that just makes you want to buy more... Anyway, if you're in the Toronto area and you happen to have a vendor's permit, this place is WELL worth checking out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. --- Dorothy Parker
ImElika
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2004 07:39:03 PM »

Hye... I've lived in Waterloo for the last 5 years. Water, water, water! Trufflegirl, you said all the places I like to go. I also like Papertree on King in Waterloo. They have specialty papers and stamps and stuff.

I will be moving to Burlington soon. I know Michaels and a Scrapbooking store, and Fabricland and Sewing Machines Etcetera. Anything else that's good?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trufflegirl

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2004 06:48:49 AM »

I also like Papertree on King in Waterloo. They have specialty papers and stamps and stuff.

Yay! I loooooooove the Paper Tree --- in fact, I work just across the street (Waterloo Town Square Mall) so I go there often. Don't know how it could have slipped my mind when I was thinking of crafty places!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cynthia
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2004 09:42:31 AM »

Hey fellow craft-addicts

I too am new to the forum - but I got really excited to see people from the Kitchener-Waterloo area. 

I am trying to brainstorm some other cool crafty places to go around town.  For anyone who knits - Cloth and Clay at Waterloo Town square is a small shop with a large selection of yarns and hip patterns.  The Lens Mill Store is located at the corner of Moore and Union st. - great for fabrics and lots of good deals on almost anything. 

Man, I'm already drawing blanks. Huh   

Would loooove to hear about any other places to check out in the area.

You girrrls rock - keep kicking crafty butt!

Cynthia in Kitchener 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...