A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ANYONE FROM SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO?  (Read 38896 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
diablette
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2004 06:23:24 PM »

I will be moving to Burlington soon. I know Michaels and a Scrapbooking store, and Fabricland and Sewing Machines Etcetera. Anything else that's good?

I live in Burlington  Smiley   There's also a Bouclairs...and a Lewis Crafts in Mapleview Mall.  Can't think of anything else. Let me know if you stumble upon any place else good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sick On Sin - shirts and accessories to cure your inner demons
rosered

terror of the highseas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2004 07:28:00 PM »

I will be moving to Burlington soon. I know Michaels and a Scrapbooking store, and Fabricland and Sewing Machines Etcetera. Anything else that's good?

I live in Burlington  Smiley   There's also a Bouclairs...and a Lewis Crafts in Mapleview Mall.  Can't think of anything else. Let me know if you stumble upon any place else good.

Hey Diablette! This is piratecore from livejournal. Good to see you around here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diablette
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2004 06:15:23 PM »

Hey Rosered!  Small world the internet is! LJ and Craftster - the 2 biggest suckers of my free time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sick On Sin - shirts and accessories to cure your inner demons
NessaGurl
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2004 08:04:25 AM »

WOW...so many Craftsters in K-town...I'm so impressed...Hummmmm...where do I shop...Lens Mill (corner of Union and Moore Ave...just so ya know Trufflegirl), Michaels (although thats last resort cause they are EXPENSIVE)...Dollar store at Frederick Mall is awesome (cheap craft supplies...wooden box..etc) I usually get my fabric at Lens Mill (cause its cheap and walkin distance from my house...although it sucks me in and I usually can't get out of that place in under an hour!!! Grin)  If you are into scrapbooking there is a dollar store in the Alpine plaza (Westmount & Ottawa) they have tons of cool scrapbooking stuff for only $1...Racca's in Waterloo is not selling any art stuff anymore...they sold all their stock to a new art/craft store in Frederick Mall (haven't checked them out yet) , and The Art Store seems a bit too expensive, I only go there when I need specialty stuff.  The best places to find retro fabrics is vallue villiage, or I often pick up old fabrics from the clearance bins at Lens Mill.  Haven't checked out the yarn store in Waterloo Town Square yet...maybe I'll do that this weekend!

Anyhoo, its nice to see so many craftsters in town...

...maybe we'll meet some day.

nessy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
littlestace
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2004 08:24:09 AM »

Hey everyone - Hammer girl here too LOL

For sure you have to chk out Ottawa Street when you are in the city - I'm a newbie - wish I was here a week or two ago - they  just had a big street sale with all the fabric stores, etc.....was great. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

nootka
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2004 04:14:56 PM »

wow..i can't believe there are other people from windsor that use this!  i thought i was the only one!  for any knitters...there's a new knitting store that opened up on ottawa street (think it's called knit one, purl one) it's got some really great yarns (although the lady looked at me kinda funny when i asked if she had any phildar or rebecca magazines) oh well!  i'm sure windsor will catch up to the rest of the world sooner or later

[email protected]
www.livejournal.com/users/nootka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.
- David Lloyd George
NessaGurl
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2004 05:04:52 AM »

Hey I'm here too...I'm from Waterloo...welcome to craftster!!! Not too many craft stores around here...pretty limited with Michaels (and they are too expensive!) You can find some local specialty craft stores if you know what your looking for, but other then that...not much here either..

Anyhoo, craft on!!!

Nessy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
PureDiamond8865
I'll bide my time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2004 10:40:09 AM »

wow..i can't believe there are other people from windsor that use this!  i thought i was the only one!  for any knitters...there's a new knitting store that opened up on ottawa street (think it's called knit one, purl one) it's got some really great yarns (although the lady looked at me kinda funny when i asked if she had any phildar or rebecca magazines) oh well!  i'm sure windsor will catch up to the rest of the world sooner or later

[email protected]
www.livejournal.com/users/nootka

I used to live outside of Harrow, so lots of shopping in Windsor. There's this awesome store on Tecumseh road called Crafty Business (the address is 11302, it's down by all the car dealerships) that is just chock-full of any kind of crafting supplies. There's fabrics, evenweave cloth (woohoo cross-stitch!) any threads, cords, metallics, beads. You name it, it's there. If there's anything specific you are looking for you can ask the owner and she'll check into it for you.

Unfortunately, I live in Waterloo for school now and there's nothing like that around here that I can find. Still, I highly recommend that store! I'd live there (something akin to Jay & Silent Bob) if I could.

Edit: to add address and bold
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004 08:19:26 PM by PureDiamond8865 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Almost everyone is mad here....You may have noticed I'm not all there myself..."
sabrinabobina
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2004 11:53:35 AM »

Yowza!!This is so great ,i didnt realize how many of us there were. I am in italy right now,but was born in Sarnia and lived the last 8,9 years in London.Listening to everyone talk is totally making me home sick.  I have to tell you guys,that the last letter i wrote to my friend had a banner      that said"I miss you more than Vallue Village and Winners combined" the sad thing is that i might have been lying(sorry Carrie!Just kidding!) Vallue village ,i find is getting a little overpriced, but you cant beat it, evenif its just for the insperation.And its  halloween!i miss halloween shopping there! I better stop before i get too sappy, but before i go,i have to mention the great little bead store in London at westmount mall. That,and my Sat. afternoon hangout, the Goodwill on York (I think its York, the downtown one). Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shwiggles
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2004 07:57:17 AM »

I'm in Windsor.. so far south that I'm pretty much the northern states. On Glitter the other day I classified myself as living in the Detroit area.. I have found NO craft stores here (aside from Michaels), and I don't even live in the right side of the city for Wal-Mart. All of my craft supplies are from Zellers and Dollarama (aka, the best store ever). I'm feeling the crafty draught.

If you do find any interesting stores in Windsor, let me know! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...