A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,845
Currently Running With Scissors:
151 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ruffled Surplice - IK Spring '07  (Read 3024 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

lavieengris
« on: April 11, 2007 11:58:37 AM »

Anyone up for knitting the Ruffled Surplice http://interweaveknits.com/Galleries/bonus/spring_2007/ruffled.asp from Interweave Knits Spring 2007 issue? This looks like a gorgeous pattern. I just got a bag of bamboo yarn from Discontinued Yarn (I think it's SWTC) in Jade, that I think would be good for this project.

Any takers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
policyoftruth
"Eighth time's the charm!"

Fudgesicles?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007 11:23:26 AM »

If anyone hops on I'll just be watching. I've been admiring the pattern ever sicne I got the issue but I am a poor college student Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lavieengris
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007 08:45:20 AM »

Hey policyoftruth - I can relate to the poor college student issue - I've been there!

Hopefully some other people will be interested, or it's going to be a pretty dull knitalong with just me!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amyb444
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007 08:50:39 PM »

I am also interested, but I'm also a poor student! I am looking around for yarn subs that I can afford, so if I find any, I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitchick2
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007 04:30:32 PM »

I just found this knitalong---I've got the back and about half of one of the front panels finished.  I'm using Rowan Cotton Rope in "lemonade," which was on sale at Webs.

Here's the back:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lavieengris
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007 08:46:35 AM »

Oh yay! That looks gorgeous knitchick - nice stitch definition. It looks really good in cotton - I hope mine looks as good in bamboo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chevykaylor
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007 10:39:46 AM »

I just finished mine!

I used Sugar'n Cream yarn on a cone, because I can't afford to spend $80 on yarn. I couldn't get it to knit exactly to gauge (a size 9 needle was too tight, size 10 too big). I went with the smaller size because the picture in the magazine seemed to have kind of a shapeless fit.  It came out great, and looks great on my sister. I added a row of single crochet around the neckline (also around the hole for the surplice wrap), which made a huge difference in how "finished" it looked.  Anyway, I made this sweater for only $12! (Please note that it hasn't been washed or blocked yet--right off the needles--so I'm sure the neck & ruffle trim will lie a little flatter.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007 02:06:39 PM by chevykaylor » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007 03:53:44 PM »

Very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
knitchick2
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007 06:32:33 PM »

Wow, that fits beautifully, chevykaylor!  I have the back and two front pieces done, and this just lit a fire under me to get the rest of it done soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lavieengris
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007 08:52:01 AM »

That looks great chevykaylor! I can't get anywhere near gauge in the  bamboo I bought for the project, so you have convinced me to try it in Sugar n' Cream. How does the Sugar n' Cream feel knitted up as a garment?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Elf on a Shelf Tutu
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...