A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
242 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 96
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Questions About Hairstyles!  (Read 217885 times)
Tags for this thread: hairstyle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Muria
« Reply #490 on: September 07, 2007 08:20:48 PM »

Double pony tails?  Double braids? Double French braids?  (those are guesses based on the "can barely put it in a ponytail").  Depending on the length, you could do the braided headband look (which always looks like you put more fuss into it than you did, and keeps the wispies out of your eyes). Or a regular headband? Side combs? Barrette holding the front section out of your face(my most used style, followed closely by the ponytail)? 

Come to think of it, I might need more detail before coming up with a plan....  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
rhoticity
« Reply #491 on: September 07, 2007 09:54:40 PM »

I almost always use a headband when I'm putting my hair up. Otherwise, you can do just about anything if you're good with bobby pins to keep the loose ends up, or if you can pull off the messy look (which I can't, because I look like a foofball).

Pigtails are probably my best friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Look, I've shrunk it! BY THE MAGIC OF XEROGRAPHY." -my sociolinguistics professor

wisty.
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2007 11:56:37 PM »

I've done highlights with foils on my own, it wasn't too hard for me.  I've had them done by a stylist a few times, so I basically copied what she did.

Here's a website that talks about the procedure:
http://www.hairfinder.com/techniques/foilhighlighting.htm

You can also do it with a chunking cap:  it's basically a shower cap with holed punched in it.  You stick a crochet hook through the holes and pull out a few chunks of hair, then color the hair sticking out.  The cap will keep the color from getting on the rest of your hair.

I think the way with the cap is easier than doing foils, but you have less control over exactly where the highlights will be.

Well, I haven't played with doing mine so professionally, but all I've done in the past is buy a rake style comb and dip it into the color I want the highlights to be and just comb it through. My BFF usually buys the (herbal essences??) one that comes with a specific "comb" for doing them yourself.

When I know I'm going to be at the beach all day, I usually spritz and toss lemon juice on my hair and it creates some very interesting looking highlights too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
bullykai
« Reply #493 on: September 08, 2007 02:20:31 AM »

After reading this post I realised that I probably posted my question in the wrong place...sorry newbie Smiley  Anyways I have bleached hair right now with my ugly roots growing back in and I want a change!  I am 27 and I have never had pink hair Sad  I really want to know what to do with my hair!  I haven't cut it since last December and it's growing out, and I am soooooooooo bored! Tonight I cut my bangs so they are long and wispy and to the side, please help! 

Thanks
Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 08, 2007 10:53:08 AM »

Double pony tails?  Double braids? Double French braids?  (those are guesses based on the "can barely put it in a ponytail").  Depending on the length, you could do the braided headband look (which always looks like you put more fuss into it than you did, and keeps the wispies out of your eyes). Or a regular headband? Side combs? Barrette holding the front section out of your face(my most used style, followed closely by the ponytail)? 

Come to think of it, I might need more detail before coming up with a plan....  Smiley

Wow, you gave me tons of ideas! Thanks!

I almost always use a headband when I'm putting my hair up. Otherwise, you can do just about anything if you're good with bobby pins to keep the loose ends up, or if you can pull off the messy look (which I can't, because I look like a foofball).

Pigtails are probably my best friends.

I think it's time I started decorating my bobby pins!

I can't pull off the messy look either. Sad When I try, it still looks too neat!

My mom's taking me to the mall today to get some stuff for my hair. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
riario
:*

expecting our first!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #495 on: September 10, 2007 01:34:01 PM »

I have a question for you guys... What's a good temporary hair coloring product? I'm a natural redhead and want to dye my hair dark brown for vacation Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Arnold
« Reply #496 on: September 10, 2007 08:30:17 PM »

Hallo peoples...
I've just recently shaved the majority of my hair off, so I'm looking for some advice. <3
Here are some pictures of my hair past and present...

1. About two-three years ago, my hair at the longest it's ever been. (Natural color)
2. After I got it hacked off... (Natural color)
3. My hair last year, with a bit of washed out blue-black.
4. My mohawk-ish.
5. After I hacked all that off. (bleached & dyed burgundy.)
6. What I have at the moment... Growing out & fading.
...So. Now that you've seen those, I was hoping for some suggestions of hairstyles... Some that would look good with my face shape? xD
I plan to grow it out to a bit above my shoulders now, but that will take a while, so anything goes/works! Thanks. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...YaY...
bullykai
« Reply #497 on: September 10, 2007 08:48:35 PM »

So I got impatient and went ahead and dyed and cut my hair...all by myself!!!!!!  Here are the results!

Tell me what you all think!  I used Cotton candy manic panic!  And it was my first time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #498 on: September 11, 2007 08:36:39 AM »

So I got impatient and went ahead and dyed and cut my hair...all by myself!!!!!!  Here are the results!

Tell me what you all think!  I used Cotton candy manic panic!  And it was my first time!

That turned out so cute! I love it  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 11, 2007 11:49:40 AM »

Hallo peoples...
I've just recently shaved the majority of my hair off, so I'm looking for some advice. <3
Here are some pictures of my hair past and present...
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/Multicoloured_socks/Stages.jpg?t=1189481014
1. About two-three years ago, my hair at the longest it's ever been. (Natural color)
2. After I got it hacked off... (Natural color)
3. My hair last year, with a bit of washed out blue-black.
4. My mohawk-ish.
5. After I hacked all that off. (bleached & dyed burgundy.)
6. What I have at the moment... Growing out & fading.
...So. Now that you've seen those, I was hoping for some suggestions of hairstyles... Some that would look good with my face shape? xD
I plan to grow it out to a bit above my shoulders now, but that will take a while, so anything goes/works! Thanks. <3

picture 3 is looks exactly like my hair now lol Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 96 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...