A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,457
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: In need of shrug pattern!  (Read 901 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

policyoftruth
"Eighth time's the charm!"

Fudgesicles?

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2007 07:01:15 PM »

I've browsed around the internet for what I am looking for, but maybe I overlooked something and would love some help from fellow Craftsters Smiley

Two weeks ago I went to Savannah and went to the LYS downtown (Wild Fibres, a really lovely place) and got two skeins of Knit One Crochet Too's Ty-Dy cotton yarn. Ever since I have tried to find a pattern to use it for, but haven't really found what I am looking for.

I want a shrug that can be done on circular and/or straight needles, for I am not good with DPNs, has sleeves above the elbow and has some sort of lace. If you have any suggestions it would be most appreciated! Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007 07:04:18 PM by policyoftruth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007 07:58:58 PM »

Go over to the KAL and Completed Projects forums and search for shrugs. There's the One Skein Wonder, Mini-Sweater/boobholder, Anthropologie inspired Capelet (which is really a bolero sweater, and shruggish) and the Circular shrug. They're all pretty easy and mostly done like a topdown raglan, except for the circular one, but there's only a little seaming.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Curlyredheadgirl

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Heb.11:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007 12:33:55 PM »

I always start by looking on the KAL & finished projects board also... and I always check http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php to see what they have listed... best of luck to you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can never change the past. But by the gace of God, you can win the future. So, remember those things which will help you forward, but forget about the things which will only hold you back.

My Blog - http://curlyredheadgirl.blogspot.com/
infantkittensyringe
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007 01:42:21 PM »

Easy Shrug Formula :
Pick out a stitch you like and swatch.
Measure your back from shoulder to shoulder; figure out how many stitches to cast on and knit a piece that is the width of your back square, approximately.
Pick up stitches (equal to the number of rows) along each edge for sleeves. You can knit the sleeves flat and sew them up later, or join and knit in the round after 4-5 inches.
For a looser fit, pick up the stitches around the inside and work outward (if you make this edge wide, it will fold over like a shawl collar at the neck and add length too the back).
I've knit three shrugs thiis way; it's super easy and they fit very nicely. I'd use one skein for the back, and split the second for the sleeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
policyoftruth
"Eighth time's the charm!"

Fudgesicles?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007 03:53:51 PM »

Go over to the KAL and Completed Projects forums and search for shrugs. There's the One Skein Wonder, Mini-Sweater/boobholder, Anthropologie inspired Capelet (which is really a bolero sweater, and shruggish) and the Circular shrug. They're all pretty easy and mostly done like a topdown raglan, except for the circular one, but there's only a little seaming.

sue
I've been eyeing the caplet, maybe I will do that!

I always start by looking on the KAL & finished projects board also... and I always check http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php to see what they have listed... best of luck to you!!
I've looked there before, but I am crazy picky about what I want Wink My friend is getting married next month and I need a shrug to go with the plain dress I am going to wear.

Easy Shrug Formula :
Pick out a stitch you like and swatch.
Measure your back from shoulder to shoulder; figure out how many stitches to cast on and knit a piece that is the width of your back square, approximately.
Pick up stitches (equal to the number of rows) along each edge for sleeves. You can knit the sleeves flat and sew them up later, or join and knit in the round after 4-5 inches.
For a looser fit, pick up the stitches around the inside and work outward (if you make this edge wide, it will fold over like a shawl collar at the neck and add length too the back).
I've knit three shrugs thiis way; it's super easy and they fit very nicely. I'd use one skein for the back, and split the second for the sleeves.
Ooh, I like that idea! Maybe not for this, but I definitely plan on using it in the future. Thank you to everyone for the suggestions Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...