A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
186 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet Swap Gallery  (Read 16096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Polkaroo
Running with scissors since 1978

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2007 05:56:01 PM »

I got home today from my appointment at the bank, and a package from the fantabulous Laural was waiting on my doorstep for me!  YAY!

Here are the goodies:

There's tons, so I won't post closeups of everything, but here's what I received:

* Four hooks and four balls of yarn (the variegated purple yarn is in this picture, and the periwinkle is in the picture of the yarn container)

* Two small pouches (the one with the little animals on it is my favourite)

* A yarn container with a hole in the top to run yarn out (my cats will be so disappointed at not being able to play with my yarn balls anymore!)

* A patch with three fat kitties, which will be added to the plain cotton project bag

Also...
* A bar of dark mint chocolate (YUM!)
* A notebook and pen
* A pattern for crocheted socks (hmmm.. do I sense a use for the purple yarn?)

I really hope I haven't forgotten anything... I love my package to pieces and can't wait to get started on making things from all my new supplies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007 06:44:19 AM »

I'm so happy that you like everything!

The DH has been threated if he doesn't walk down to the post office today. The new post master will not let them put stuff from out of country or insured stuff into lock boxes like all the other packages I receive and they close before even I get off work. Grrr!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
Yirq
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007 06:45:13 AM »

Is that a pirate monkey?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Polkaroo

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007 07:58:23 AM »

Is that a pirate monkey?

Aye, it most certainly be! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Polkaroo

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2007 08:02:23 AM »

Laural, I guess threatening to break his legs wouldn't be all that effective in this case, huh? Smiley

I'm not sure what's so scary and dangerous about a parcel from Canada... but I guess better safe than sorry.  Glad I decided against sending out a bonus envelope of anthrax... errr... I mean... chocolate bar. *whistles innocently*

I can't wait to see what you think of your package, tho.  Tell your DH that he'll be in trouble from both of us if he doesn't go today! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveoctopus
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2007 03:49:55 PM »

hiya! i haven't got pictures yet ,i'm waiting for batteries for the old camera to charge, cause we lost the cord and memory card to the new one, but i'll tell you all what i got!

i got a big tote bag for my projects, 3 little tote bags so i don't have to dig around in separate bags to find things, a bunch of crochet hooks, a planner with matching pen and a matching case to keep my crochet hooks in (they all match the big tote bag), a big thing of rainbow cotton yarn, some really cool wrist/arm warmers, a crochet magazine, and i'm working off memory so if i'm forgetting anything, i'm sorry but i'll be sure to take pictures of everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007 06:13:13 PM »

wow, iloveoctopus -- that sounds like quite a package!  I can't wait to see the pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iloveoctopus
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2007 06:25:25 PM »

well, i quick ran to walgreen's because i needed mylicon and while there i got batteries so i could atleast use the old camera, it's not that great, but atleast this way i can get pictures! and here they are! there were a few things i missed in the list, but everything is here, minus one of the totes, my nephew decided it was really for his matchbox cars to be lugged around in and he's a cute little 2 year old and therefore i couldn't argue. ^_^ and here is the big colorful tote to keep my projects in and 2 of the 3 totes

i love all my stuff!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yirq
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007 09:44:52 AM »

I'm glad you got the package, I was afraid it hadn't made it. I see I sent the pockets I meant to sew into the totes and forgot all about! Sorry about that. Great swap! Hope there's a round 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007 11:47:38 AM »

I think the pictures on this site hate me or something cause I can only see one. I did see the bag when it was being made though! Yirq made my son a double crochet baby blanket out of that Aunt Lydia's yarn in that colorway when he was born and it is still going strong. I love the colors of that yarn worked up!

I will be posting pictures of the awesome goodness that Polkaroo sent me tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...