A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
269 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: Choose your favorite summer knit!  (Voting closed: May 31, 2007 07:46:42 PM)
- 64 (43.8%)
- 4 (2.7%)
- 28 (19.2%)
- 1 (0.7%)
- 11 (7.5%)
- 4 (2.7%)
- 2 (1.4%)
- 2 (1.4%)
- 1 (0.7%)
- 1 (0.7%)
- 18 (12.3%)
- 1 (0.7%)
- 3 (2.1%)
- 5 (3.4%)
- 1 (0.7%)
Total Voters: 146

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: April/May Knitting Challenge - Summer Knits - RESULTS INCLUDED  (Read 24939 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_challenge_summer_knits  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 04, 2007 08:56:14 AM »

This month's challenge is Summer Knits.  Warm-weather knits are always a challenge for knitters of all skill levels.  Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to create a summer-appropriate item.  I'm also going to try something with this challenge to see how you guys like it.  Because many smaller objects are not really warm-weather appropriate, and due to the nature of many warm weather knits being made in fine gauges and tough fibers, I'm going to give this challenge a 1 1/2 month window so that people have plenty of crafting time.  It will extend through April and May.  If by the end of April people are really clamouring for another challenge, I may choose to run an overlap challenge, but for now I think we will plan on just running a long challenge.

The format:

When posting your challenge entry, please post it under Knitting Challenge Entries. In the message body, post the title of your entry and clear pictures.

The Deadline:

The crafting period will last from now until May 24, with voting from May 25 to May 31. 

The Prizes (the best part!):
http://flickr.com/photos/21665193@N00/sets/72157600118551077/
Your choice of any two items shown here and generously donated by Sprials420.
Choices include hand-made needle rolls, hats and bags.

Rules:

- Members do not need to have a certain post count or have been a member for so long to participate. Everyone is welcome!
- All items must be handmade by the poster.
- The item must be knitted, but it does not have to be hand-knitted.  Looms and machines qualify.
- Only one entry per poster, though you may incorporate multiple things into your one entry (such as with a set)
- Items can be as big or as small as you want, unless otherwise stated in the theme.
- You must use the theme provided.
- You may use written patterns as a basis for your item.  However, to maintain the primary goal of these challenges (creativity!) you may only use that pattern as a jumping off point; a guide for shaping, etc.  You must post a link to or the book title, author and page number of the pattern, and sufficient changes to the pattern must be obvious.
- this is an important one: Make sure all pictures are visible through the time of voting. Pictures will appear in the voting, so please keep an eye on your bandwidth and hyperlinks!  Entries where the photo links do not work when it comes time to vote will not be included.  Craftster offers reliable picture hosting to registered members and also incorporates photobucket software into the code to make photobucket accounts easier to use. Take advantage of these features!

The Themes:

All themes are suggested and voted on by Craftster members. To suggest a theme to be considered in the next challenge, see this thread: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136544.0
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007 09:54:23 PM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
smileygirl
yea, i knit with acrylic. what are you gonna do about it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007 11:34:06 AM »

i'm soooooooooooooo excited!!! i have the perfect idea. hope i cam get enough of my other stuff done to beable to enter. Good luck everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more you know, the less you don't know

I love being married.
It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
-Rita Rudner

My Blog!! http://raynaknits.blogspot.com
My Etsy!! http://www.raynascreations.etsy.com
sunshineknits
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007 12:43:48 PM »

oh rad.. time to start sketching! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.  (1922-2007)
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007 12:56:36 PM »

This is great! For once I am actually on the school holidays with TIME to plan an original knit! Hopefully the yarn I ordered two weeks ago will arrive soon Sad (Coincidence that it's for a project completely suitable to this challenge)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
bijou_raoul
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007 03:25:47 PM »

Awesome! I'm glad the crafting period is going to be a little longer this time because I finally got a job today and won't have as much time to knit now. But I'm so excited for summer! Maybe by the time this challenge is over it will actually be warm enough to wear something summer-themed.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarylass
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007 07:08:54 PM »

I really want to do this one... must think something cool... hello knitted bikini?

I am also grateful for the longer crafting time, means I can design/create whilst under the gun for a zillion other things!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007 09:12:48 PM »

The longer crafting time is a great idea. One month really isn't enough to design and execute an awesome idea. I think I have a great idea and I have already started on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
librarylass
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007 09:49:41 PM »

I agree with eatmoreplants. I have an idea, now I need to look through my vintage magazines for some ideas. then.. to execute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
Shallelerilla
The world is pretty f*cked up, shouldn't I be too?

Michael Franti is a sexy beast.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007 07:07:33 AM »

Woo!! Lace stuff time!! I'm excited. This will be my first challenge!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument." --Bill Hicks

I draw things!! http://Http://kakumeika.deviantart.com
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007 07:38:05 AM »

I guess it'll be my first challenge too!  I JUST bought the perfect cotton yarn to make a nice summer top (at a thrift store, and it's bee-you-tea-full!), and I'm really looking forward to actually making MYSELF something nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...