A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Painted martini Set  (Read 5579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Pink Polka Dots
Crafty Soccer Mom

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2007 03:53:47 PM »

Ok, so I made a martini set for my sisters birthday, I made her a party in a  box.  I sent her appetizer stuff a cake and a martini set and then I made a martini recipe book to go along with it , wi ll post a few pics of the recipe book too.  I took it to UPS to ship it and both ladies ordered a set from me complete with a recipe book for $75.  Ineed to find cheaper glasses to do this too, I spent about $25 for the set and the $5 for each jar of paint, I have the paint now  so it will be cheaper  but the book took me all day to do, but I had a blast. I  could have made it more impressive, but my isster likes Polka Dots, so Viola!

Let me know what you think and any ideas on how you could make it better! Smiley

I also made glass charms for each glass

Here is just some of the martini book I actually did 25 recipes, these are actual names of recipes that made itfun to make!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019 09:47:06 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinabrielle
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007 06:36:41 PM »

This set is awesome!! You went all out for your sister. Smiley AND, how incredible is that you got 2 sales at UPS?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handspun and recycled yarns:
http://TBFibers.etsy.com

Handmade hats, scarves, and other fun accessories:
http://TrinaBrielle.etsy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trinabrielle
shortleggedsarah

Finding myself

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007 12:45:39 PM »

I don't drink, but this is really sweet. I love your cocktail scrapbook, its so cute! Great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is more important to be yourself than to hide things. The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality "-John Frusciante
Odd Dotty
Dollymaker and Crafter Ordinaire

Hi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007 01:19:49 PM »

Wow, what a great gift! I love love LOVE martinis and I think it's perfect the way it is! Oh to have a crafty sister like you.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007 01:24:02 PM »

neato!  i love the book.  the decorations are cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
klmisklw
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007 08:12:29 AM »

those are SOOO cute what kind of paint do you use to paint on the glass? is it dishwasher safe?
GREAT JOB!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fsuangelita
fsuangelita

woooooo-hoo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007 12:12:19 PM »

you just gave me the inspiration i needed for my friend's graduation present.   Cheesy  AWESOME job!!!  and if you've got any tips as far as the paint, etc.... well, i'd love to hear about it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"'What' aint no country I ever heard of!  They speak English in 'What'?"
Pink Polka Dots
Crafty Soccer Mom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007 05:57:43 PM »

Thanks for the compliments.  I did some research on what kind of paint to use.  My original thought was to use acrylics, but then I did some reading on it and found most paints have lead in it, which means it is unsafe for people to use if they are going to eat and drink out of it.  So I did some resaerch and found a couple of brands people reccomended, I chose Vitrea 160.  All I could find was translucent paints, I really wanted the look of acrylics, but for polka dots it worked good.  Give yourself a couple of days to use it.  You have to paint it on and let it set for 24 hours then bake it at 350 for 40 minutes to get it to set. Kind of freaked me out to do this with glass but it  did not break.  Also, have several size brushes to use, because it dries quickly and if you are painting a large area one color, you need a big brush so you do not leave streaks..  It does not run, though, but tryit out on something first and play around and mix colors.  It is a ton of fun and my mom wants one with bluebonnets on it so I need to work on it.

Oh also, you can buy cheap glasses, but the paints are about $5 a bottle and the bottles are small, but I think you could do several projects with one bottle, so once you make your initial purchase you can do many more and who knows maybe you can sell a few too Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poohbear92

Young Crafter!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007 01:44:39 PM »

I really like your scrapbook! It's way too cute!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

old enough to know better
young enough to do it anyways.
kyou

Pinktank - The Knitters Army

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007 02:12:50 PM »

I LOVE everything! The martini set looks exactly like something I would paint/buy... so cute! And I just wisted that martini recipe book. It's so awesome! GREAT job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinktank.etsy.com - Hat Patterns

Check out my blog and enter my first contest! http://thepinktank.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...