A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Want to join a Craft Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 315,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
162 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric stores on the Island?  (Read 1998 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2007 08:19:10 PM »

Or kick ass cheap thrift shops?

I am driving through the province (if anyone has ideas where I should stop for extordinary stores) and staying on island for a week or so at the end of April,

and then,

I will most likely be moving to the Campbell River area (but not for sure, this is an expedition trip).

So, please please please tell me there is more to be found then just fabricland?  Would really like to find some organic cotton and hemp for a reasonable price.  Ok, anything but fabricland!

Would love to know any locations you know of, please.

And anyone actually at or close by Campbell River?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007 08:12:24 AM »

I've never been but one of my friends always brings back awesome stuff, but the value village in nanaimo is awesome. I can't offer much more than that. Although I believe there must be. If there are options for wool on the island there should be for fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8kre8s
hand-made, not slave-made

power to the cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007 09:07:55 PM »

if you're driving through vancouver, hit up DRESSEW on west hastings between homer and hamilton right downtown. seriously cheap fabric downstairs, more zippers, buttons, trim and snaps than anyone could ever need, and random costume supplies/wigs just cuz. keep the monkey away from the back wall of all fun fur!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007 09:19:03 PM »

ah, thanks k8kre8s!  I think it'll be best for everyone's sanity if I stash the man and kid in a movie theatre or museum while I go fabric hunting.  Deals on notions I can handle too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitkat_pro
Mender for the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008 11:24:55 PM »

In Campbell River we only realy have Fabric land, but we have a good size Salvation Army thrift store right next door. However we will be getting a Super Walmart by December which should give us a slightly larger selection of fabrics. If you are realy wanting to buy some great fabrics and you can't get them in town you can always take a day and the 1.5hr drive to Nanimo, or the 3hr drive to Vic, for a larger selection of fabric stores.

Good luck and we hope to see you soon in good o'l CR  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists/Pinterest
Out of the dusk a shadow, Then a spark; Out of the cloud a silence, Then a lark; Out of the heart a rapture, Then a pain; Out of the dead, cold ashes, Life again. ~ John Banister Tabb
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad
@Home This Weekend: St. Patrick's Day Wreath
March 13, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...