A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
111 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scavenger Hunting  (Read 516 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Samanthae
« on: March 28, 2007 12:43:29 PM »

Alright, so I am organizing a 30 Hour Famine at my high school on the weekend of April 14th. I was trying to think of activities to do and thought that a scavenger hunt would be fantastic. The problem is, we're most likely going to be stuck in the school so the objects can't be very complicated. Also, it's only a 350 student school which certainly doesn't help either. I wanted to do a full out take a picture of this and yourself doing this and whatnot hunt but I'm having a really hard time finding enough things to make it last long enough. Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT - I didn't even think to mention that we will be the only people in the school at the time so there won't be any need to worry about disturbing anyone.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007 12:47:27 PM by Samanthae » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RobertaMac
Space Putz

Bun In Oven

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007 07:40:38 AM »

Well, how long do you want it to last?
Talking in riddles so they would have to figure it out would take up a little bit of time.
How many people would be participating?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tadpole due- November 2008!
Another craft project, home made!

My stepmother's apron site

Wist
misplacedhippie
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007 08:29:12 AM »

I am assuming that they will be working in small groups.  Here are my suggestions

I love the riddles, and make it like a certain thing.  IE  Say a teacher has a picture of shakespere in like a fancy frame you could tell them to "Take a picture with the man that wrote a play about star crossed lovers.  He must be Xfeet by x feet (this rules out opening a book and getting a picture of shakespere). 

Also, if you have those old class pictures "class of '83" on the wall with everyones school photo, you could pick a name off the boards and tell them to take a picture with them, then they have to find them in the school (we had these in my school everywhere so there were tons of pictures to browse through)

Tell them to take a picture with a certain president - see what they come up with.

Take a picture of someone wearing all one color, that will get you a lot of pictures of one person in the group.   

If you can decorate your lockers on the outside - have everyone organizing decorate their lockers have someone put a mermaid on it, a small one, then have the hunters find a mermaid

Trophy cases - find the basketball trophy from1973 (be sure this is one in the back of the case) and point at it in your picture!

someone with red nail polish

10 people in one photo that are all wearing class rings - next picture should be 10 hands with 10 class rings

I am unsure of the dress code -  but someone wearing a skull and crossbones.

also random junk girls keep in purses, guys keep in pockets - breath mints, pez machines, chapstick, etc

If the classrooms are unlocked (you couldnt lock them at my school) you could have them take a picture posed as Atlas (the god that carried the world on his sholders)  then they have to find a globe and remember their greek mythology.

picture of someone school spirited - wearing your school colors

Write out the chemical formula for something (C6H12O6 is sugar) ( H2O is water) and dont let them know what it is, have them find that.

We had a ball python at my school, if you have any live animals with names you could have them take pictures with "monty" and see who knows.  or if no name then use the latin name for the animal.  Python regius I think is ball python.

find things from the core subjects and make trivia questions of things to answer, and throw in some gimmie pictures too.  Are they gettign polaroid camera for this?  are the photos going to be developed before the event is over?  If so have them justify their pictures.  Then have all the ones that got all the pictures glue them to a posterboard then have the student vote on who had the best pictures (funniest most inventive whatever)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...