A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and encouraged! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 321,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
134 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please help - does anyone know this business that has ripped me off?  (Read 5671 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

voodoodoll
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004 06:51:14 PM »

WHAT A GREAT FIRST POST, LUXE!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoandSo
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004 05:34:58 AM »

Hi guys,

This whole crafster thing is amazing! I've been on other forums and the people are just rude and horrible, if someone posts something people will just respond with total uncalled for abuse. People are so willing to help each other on here it's amazing.
Luxe: thankyou for your email and for your help. I don't know if you know the austin craft mafia? I contacted them to see if then knew her as they're in the same state (well its probably like being the other side of the UK or something, I can't actually comprehend just how big america is!). Anyway they didn't know her but they somehow provided that info too! I have called the number once and there was no answer. It's a bit tricky with the time difference and everything so I'll keep having to try each night before I go to bed. Thankyou so much for your help and thank your friend for me too.

Voodoodoll: thankyou for the link! I have filed a complaint so hopefully hear back from them soon.

Zephren: that would be so good if you could let me know the name of some shops from your friend. I know she had an exhibition at a place called axiom (or something like that) there, she never mentioned any shops but maybe I never asked. Fingers crossed.

Sarahdotcom: you're amazing! I had no idea the law thing existed. There's one near me too. I can't believe all the start up business charites don't tell you about it! I'm going to go in and see them as soon as I can.

Charlottex
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luxe

what the shuck

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2004 06:24:17 PM »

We owe Leah a big ass Thank You for having this site be so informative and so positive.  Very rare indeed, Charlottex.  Let's hope we can keep the spirit of helpfulness and creativity alive through this site.  And please keep us posted as to what happens with your dilemma and how we can help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amareluna
Head Nerd at Nyxia's Lair

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004 07:12:48 PM »

Well, the NEW website (theblythecampaign.com) is showing with the following info:

Administrative Contact:
Tucker, Blythe pokashop@pokashop.com
1126 E. 24th
Houston, TX 77009
713-861-0792

Technical Contact:
Tucker, Blythe pokashop@pokashop.com
1126 E. 24th
Houston, TX 77009
713-861-0792

So that is def. where you should be calling. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll either get through to her or drive her and her BF so nuts they give you back your money..LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2004 09:41:06 AM »

for future reference, i think the BBB is a scam.  all they do when you file a complaint is put the business on a list, and if anyone is interested in the list, they need to contact the BBB to obtain it.
also, if the BBB solicits you to join (paid membership), and if you don't, you don't get included on their list of good businesses, which is crappy, because they do NO research themselves nor do they take any actions against businesses with complaints logged against them.

also, to reply to the comment that most americans are arrogant and cutthroat...maybe in the cities, but the country community i live in is the absolute opposite. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004 09:44:30 AM by firefly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

soapstar
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2005 02:30:29 PM »

Please publish the name and location of the con artist in Houston....so that we
can be on the lookout.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soapstar
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2005 08:21:48 PM »

Looks like it might be in the Heights area.  I may be awhile but when I get down that
way, I will check it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soapstar
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2005 08:27:14 PM »

OK..just checked it out on mapquest....it is northeast of the Heights......there are not
many businesses there.....a few dollar stores and.....used tires.....and not someplace
that you would go if you didn't live there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soapstar
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2005 11:21:36 PM »

Just did a Google search on website fraud and came up with this.  Looks like you can report
it here and maybe her website will be yanked. Also, Houston is a rather large city being
approximately 40 miles from one side to the other.
However all that said, the best shot at getting your money back is probably the Attorney
General of Texas.  Good Luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purlgurl

textile arts babe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2005 02:37:43 AM »

for future reference, i think the BBB is a scam.  all they do when you file a complaint is put the business on a list, and if anyone is interested in the list, they need to contact the BBB to obtain it.
also, if the BBB solicits you to join (paid membership), and if you don't, you don't get included on their list of good businesses, which is crappy, because they do NO research themselves nor do they take any actions against businesses with complaints logged against them.

also, to reply to the comment that most americans are arrogant and cutthroat...maybe in the cities, but the country community i live in is the absolute opposite. 

Just so we don't deter everybody from using the BBB...  I got ripped off by a major electronics retail chain and had to sic the BBB on them.  This company made two rebates available for the laptop I purchased and then refused to send them to me without giving any reasons.  My fiance informed the BBB and we were issued an apology and both rebate checks ($250!!!!) from the retailer the following day.  I was totally impressed.

So the moral of the story is that if you go to them with atleast some documentable info on the situation, they seem to be pretty helpful.  I can see how they would be unable to help if they're swamped or if they don't have much hard evidence to go on, however.

Kiri
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...