A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crochet/fabric beachy dress  (Read 1091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
latenightmischief
« on: March 21, 2007 10:10:10 PM »

i just designed this dress and really want to make it, though i realized that the look i want requires crochet.. and i have absolutely no idea how to do that.. i was thinking i could just find some old crocheted dress or sweater or something and reconstruct, but then i realized this would be almost impossible and the look i'm going for requires a nice design and interesting stitch. maybe i could do an imitation thing and find some wanna-be-crochet lace? is there any hope? or am i gonna have to rethink this project..  here's a basic idea of what i was hoping to go for:

(beige areas are obviously the potentially crocheted bits)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019 01:42:05 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥me
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007 10:13:55 PM »

you can likely find some wide crochet lace that is premade. Most large fabric stores carry some version of this in thier trims and notions department.
I really like your design and wish you luck on completing it. Please be sure to share pictures of the finished one okay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

latenightmischief
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007 10:40:03 PM »

ahh of course, crochet lace..  i guess for the racerback i'll have to get a bit creative.. i just don't want it to be joined but look seperated, you know.. like a couple straight straps leading onto a rounded middle. i want a nice flow to the racerback.  but thanks, crochet lace is definetly what a need, at least for the rest of the detailing. i'll have to check that out tomorrow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥me
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007 10:59:26 PM »

glad to help! I am sure you could join it together in the back to make your design plus use it as the hem part as well. If joining it makes it look like what youdon't want it to  them perhaps some bead work could dress it up for you so it's a little more interesting than just joining the two sides together. Or even a lace butterfly over it to cover what you don't like. Just throwing out ideas here since I don't know what you are actually looking for. But I am sure a good day's hunt in the fabric or trims stores might yeild exactly what you want. Don't be afraid to look in upholstery trims as well since some items there might work out too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

violentlyknits
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007 01:45:07 AM »

Oooh.. I think that dress is a great idea!

I also think you should consider crocheting it yourself. Lace crocheting doesn't have to be that difficult. If you can sew, you can definitely learn to crochet. good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you take the things you like, and try to love the things you took.
lisiepeasie

greetings. fish i am.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007 08:51:48 AM »

I think your dress is a great idea!!

Maybe you can work along the lines of something like this?
http://www.crochetme.com/galaxy-top
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steal all the chandeliers down your street and call it romance.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...