A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
178 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: looking for a pattern  (Read 1339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
liz whiz
« on: March 18, 2007 01:15:05 PM »

hello all

i'm new to the forum, luv what i see, you all are so talented

which is why i'm picking your brains!!
my little girl wants a totoro quilt and i was thinking of doing a pink and white crazy quilt background and appliquing a scene on the bottom but i havent been able to find a pattern and i'd like to have a reference of something thats simple to do!!

i've completed several quilts, mostly celtic applique (bias strips) and just havent gotten the hang of regular applique so i wanted to keep it simple

any ideas would be great, thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Undead_Monkey
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007 08:22:42 PM »

I love Totoro!!  Grin

Here's a few simple pictures

The little white guy is either fishing for a strawberry or a flower..

It would be cute if you made totoro holding his leaf umbrella with raindrops coming down! Or you could make those little black dustballs with big eyes, and put them along the border? Just an idea Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm such an infomercial :p

a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for - Jack
katera
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007 09:39:39 PM »

my daughter loves totoro, too!  a quilt is a great idea.  i don't have any resources for patterns, but maybe you could get something else (tshirt, baby onesie or bib) with totoro already printed on it, cut that part out, and applique it.  i've done this with a couple of my daughter's clothes that she's outgrown that i thought had cute appliques on them (and were otherwise too stained to hand down).
you know the scene in the movie, where they show the dad and satsuki and mei all sleeping, i think the first night in the new house?  it shows the girls quilts/blankets with little pink flowers, i always thought they looked like cherry blossoms.  so maybe some cherry blossom fabric would go well with the totoro 'theme', or maybe tree fabric for the camphor tree?  just some thoughts.  when you finish it, definitely post some pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

need a tshirt or clothes to recon?  click here to see items i am wanting to do personal swaps with!
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m237/katerawhit/swap/
liz whiz
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007 02:02:49 PM »

the cherry blossoms is a great idea, could applique that into the border or find a nice fabric

thank you for the pics pinkpanda

still havent decided how i want to applique but when i do i will definetly post pics/patterns!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
XxRachxX
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007 01:59:53 PM »

I love totoro! so does my sister! and my boyfriend and soon I shall brainwash our baby to love it too!!
Liberty have a nice tree print fabric which I really love!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIBERTY-PRINTS-LAWN-KEW-TREE-4-MTRS-1123_W0QQitemZ230108992863QQcategoryZ71210QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thats the only link I can find for it right now  :-\I think its sooo pretty! It would make a perfect totoro scene Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...