A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,057
Currently Running With Scissors:
186 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I sewed into my finger.  (Read 7172 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

averij
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007 01:11:15 PM »

Thanks for the support all of you!
My finger has now healed up. My fingernail was ripped and it took a while until that grew out.

Well - to reply to hothermione: I learned to sew all by myself and I didn't see: Keep away from the needle in my sewing machine instructions, unfortunately  Roll Eyes But I learned through experience.

Be safe and stay away from the needle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007 02:51:25 PM »

Thanks for the support all of you!
My finger has now healed up. My fingernail was ripped and it took a while until that grew out.

Well - to reply to hothermione: I learned to sew all by myself and I didn't see: Keep away from the needle in my sewing machine instructions, unfortunately  Roll Eyes But I learned through experience.

Be safe and stay away from the needle!

Glad things are better! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
oldladydean
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007 01:00:10 PM »

I totally did that while I was sewing together costumes for my school's musical back in my senior year of high school.

I was sitting in the director/teacher's office sewing away, when I saw something out the corner of my eye, looked away and sewed right into my thumb.  Luckily the machine stopped and I had to actually turn the wheel to get the needle out.  By the time I had gotten it out I was in shock... Amazingly, I just walked over to where my peers were in rehearsal, held up my thumb and said, "Ms. Jenkins I really need a band-aid."

That hole was there in my nail for a long time and the part of my finger under the nail has never been shaped the same.  Ack!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do or do not, there is no try.
likeiceiscold
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007 01:59:55 PM »

So, when I was about 8 my mom had a part time job sewing soft sculptured dolls for an upscale department store.  She had quotas to meet and had been sewing for like 3 days straight.  I was sitting at the kitchen table doing homework when she calmly asked me to go get her a mirror.  Being the bratty 8 yr old that I was I made some snarky reply and refused to go.  Then she started crying and said she stuck the needle in her eye.  Have you ever seen those doll needles?  They're like 12" long!!!!  Luckily she was fine and so is her eye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ohh Chasquido
Sorty Wench.

✄I'm only in love with the idea of being in love.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008 01:24:29 PM »

Ah! Omg. THat's horrible. Reading that made me squirm.... I just read it outloud to my sister and we both twitched and squirmed ewwww through the NAIL?!?!
Eee! I would've cried too and I'm a pretty mature 18 year old  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

✄☠✄☠✄☠✄☠✄☠✄
naturalcreation
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008 06:02:40 PM »

Oh man, OW, that sucks!
The needle breaking and hitting me in the eye is definitely my biggest sewing machine fear.
I'm not too scared of the needle through the finger thing, mostly because I'm usually so cautious that my fingers don't get anywhere near the needle. If they are going to get that close - first I turn the machine off.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008 06:04:18 PM by naturalcreation » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008 07:19:46 PM »

Oh man, OW, that sucks!
The needle breaking and hitting me in the eye is definitely my biggest sewing machine fear.

You know what? I have that same fear. Whenever I feel like I'm sewing through too many layers, I tend to lean way back and squint like I just know something is going to come pwinging back at me. Weird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pics and projects: http://www.shefightslikeagirl.com/
Contact me any time!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Designated Cutting Boards
Tute Tuesday: Altered Journal Page
Magic and Luck

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...