A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
179 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's up with Noro Yarn addicts/crazies?  (Read 12410 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2007 04:16:47 AM »

Came across an ad for a pretty yarn sub for Kureyon (about the same wight and yardage): it's called Poems & the manufacturer is Wisdom Yarns.  More info at www.universalyarn.com (distributor).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tesoro
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2007 07:34:50 AM »

Has anyone used the non-wool Noro stuff, i.e. Daria or Hotaru? They don't have any at my LYS, even though it's far too hot in NC for wool any time of year, and I've always been curious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitofrage
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2007 12:14:44 PM »

I've made a purse with Daria.  It's a thin cord, best suited for purses and other accessories, I'd say.  It takes a bit to get used to it because it has no elasticity whatsoever, but the project turned out very well.  One LYS owner told me she had to go down three needle sizes to get gauge because she found the yarn to be slippery, but I didn't have the same issue.

Danielle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
discoprincess
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2007 02:02:50 PM »

I LOVE your name, icantotallymakethat!  That's exactly what I say whenever I'm shopping with people--why the heck would I buy that??  hee hee.

Yeah, that does happen to me a lot. I have to admit that sometimes my skillz don't quite live up to my self-confidence, though.  Wink

I just ordered a bunch of Noro Kochoran from the huge knithappens.net sale, and I think it will actually be the first Noro I've ever bought. I do love that they will combine colors that no one else would put together. I'm not sure what the Kochoran will be turned into, but I'll be happy with it just sitting in my stash for a while.  Smiley I've been wanting some for probably three years.

I made a Lady E (but I call her Lady Vancouver for her colors) out of Kochoran. And it is the most wonderful cozy soft wrap I ever made. And it is worth every damn penny I dropped for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines. I do love knitting patterns.
-- Dumbledore

Ravelry: disco
weirdlilcraftychic

oh wow look at me

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2007 06:58:35 PM »

does your kochoran shed? I just bought some silver thaw from the knithappens sale ...haven't used it yet but it is sooo pretty
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunshineknits
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2007 07:49:14 PM »

ok, i'm almost done a bottom up raglan in kureyon.  the colours are beautiful and dense and i love it.  but.. i dont think i'll be working with it again for a full garment.  the colour changes are way too drastic and like a mini-heart-attack whenever one happens. 

i think the #1 reason i love Noro Kureyon is that its a calling-card for handknit items.  i can usually recognize Noro on sight, and that immediately identifies that person either as a knitter, or a friend of a knitter Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe."
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.  (1922-2007)
knitofrage
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2007 09:48:49 AM »

i think the #1 reason i love Noro Kureyon is that its a calling-card for handknit items.  i can usually recognize Noro on sight, and that immediately identifies that person either as a knitter, or a friend of a knitter Smiley Smiley Smiley

I got a bag of Noro in the mail the other day.  It was lying on the couch when my borfriend walked in.  He immediately remarked, "Is that Noro?" quickly followed by, "oh god, I know the yarn brands!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
caffeinatedknitter
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2007 12:17:58 PM »

I've been following this thread, since I am currently working on the kureyon tea cozy from knitty and loving the noro (I also used silk garden for clapotis a while back).  Anyway, I was going to finish it, post a picture and challenge anyone not to love it for the color and texture.  Then while knitting last night I hit a patch of twigs, grass and some other hard debris and then hit a place where the ends were tied together and then hit another place where the ends weren't tied together.  The yarn just ended and then began again in the middle of the ball. 

So...to sum up.  I still love the noro colorway.  I don't think there is anything quite like it.  But after spending an hour picking things out of the yarn and weaving in all the extra ends...I'm feeling the critics a little more.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2007 06:03:58 PM »

I got a bag of Noro in the mail the other day.  It was lying on the couch when my borfriend walked in.  He immediately remarked, "Is that Noro?" quickly followed by, "oh god, I know the yarn brands!"

hahaha! that's gold! my boy hasn't got that far yet, despite enduring the pain of shelling out for three balls of silk garden as a 'gift' for me (we're students. i had a massively stressful semester and wanted to drop out. he told me if i hung in there he'd buy me Any Yarn I Wanted. 3 balls of noro did not really fit in either of our budgets. i still made him cough up! *bad girlfriend*)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lillybeth
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2007 07:15:12 PM »

I don't get it either.  I also don't like the coloring of Noro in general. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...