A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
196 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Maude Louise by JeJune  (Read 25309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
quikroxy85
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007 06:14:23 PM »

I just want to take a second to brag on Miss JeJune. This pattern is awesome. I normally get so lost with patterns, and this confusion has led me AWAY from knitting a garment, but these instructions are SO clear. It's a fun knit, too, which is always wonderful! I love that I don't need to do a ton of increasing and decreasing... the needle changes are completely genius!!

BTW, Marisal, how is the yarn?? I hope you've gotten it. I hate that feeling of just waiting so you can start a project... ick!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

quikroxy85
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007 08:08:45 PM »

Progress picture:
(I just finished the second repeat of the pattern and have about 2.5" until I begin to shape the armhole)

I'm quite nervous about the shaping of the armhole/shoulder/back since I've never done something like that, but excited! Any tips anyone?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019 02:02:51 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

marisal
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007 09:08:11 AM »

I have never made a sweater so I hope the pattern author can help here. Still no yarn so I am hopefull that today is the day. I've been frantically trying to finish up my mom's clapotis in preparation and I just started my decrease rows today so I should be done in no time. Weaving in the ends will have to wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quikroxy85
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007 10:24:13 AM »

This is my first sweater also (did I already say that??) and JeJune has already been awesome in answering any questions quickly so I'm sure it'll work out great!

I am about to begin the armholes, and looking over the pattern THAT is clear/understandable to me, but the neck shaping is confusing (due to the fact this is my first sweater), so I know i'll be on here asking questions! I'm going to practice that part first on some scrap yarn to get it down so I don't ruin what I have so far... I will prob. begin working on that part tomorrow because I have a BIG test tomorrow and i'm trying not to knit... Lips sealed

What color did you end up getting Marisal?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marisal
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007 06:37:00 AM »

I ended up picking lettuce for the color. I still haven't received it yet though and they said it shipped on the 21st!!
Where is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quikroxy85
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007 08:23:29 AM »

That's a pretty color! I ended up NOT having a 12 hour day today SO, I am going to hopefully get some knitting in IF I can figure out about the shaping. Smiley
Like I said I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions to everyone on here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quikroxy85
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007 05:22:03 PM »

JeJune,

Question! I have been using a version on my computer since I don't have a printer hooked up to it. I finally got around to printing a copy from another computer yesterday, and there is a discrepency between the two and I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing!

On the first one, it said knit to 14" in stockinette after the lattice pattern.
On the newer one it says 16"... which one is correct? I don't want to mess up!

Also, when I start to decrease for the arm holes, I'm still knitting stockinette, right?
And when I am BO for the arm holes on a WS would I BO purl-wise or does it not matter?

I know, so many questions! I'm so new to this Smiley thanks in advance! I can't wait to get through this and have a beautiful sweater to wear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jejune
Grand Vizier

Arrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007 05:40:18 PM »

Sorry!  The 14" was a mistake.  I noticed it when I was correcting the pattern.  It's supposed to be 16", but I have a very long torso, so if you're unsure, measure from the top of your waist to your underarm. 

Still knitting in stockinette on the decreases!  The whole rest of the back is stockinette.  I don't think it matters which way you bind off, but I always bind off in pattern.  It just makes my brain happier.

Your jacket looks great so far!  I'm so excited to follow people's progress on this. 

The most recent version of the pattern is the most accurate, but I still haven't gotten around to fixing the sleeves in various sizes, so those are only accurate for the 32" size.  I also need to post a tutorial on waist size and the jacket, but it's been sort of nutty around my house lately, so I haven't gotten a chance.  I can manage some sort of messing about on the computer with the kids running around, but not the concentration I need to do real thinking.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knittingkninja.com/ - the inevitable blog
quikroxy85
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007 06:52:45 PM »

Thanks for the speedy reply to my questions JeJune! I can understand house-craziness. Thankfully for me I have about the same dimensions as you body-wise so I don't need to wait for those other sizes !

I am sure I'll be on here soon with questions about the neck and shoulder shaping. Well see!

thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lifelikeweeds
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007 11:03:46 AM »

I think I'd like to join this knit-a-long.  I have this yarn I recycled from a thrift store sweater.  I have knitted and frogged it from other projects, and I just can't seem to figure out what to make.  I think Maude Louise may be exactly what I'm looking for... It's 100% lambswool and this beautiful red color: the second picture shows a slightly more accurate color.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...