A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
236 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Maude Louise by JeJune  (Read 25308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
quikroxy85
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2007 05:47:02 PM »

I GOT MY YARN TODAY!! (Can you sense my enthusiasm??)

I am about 4 inches into the back. Love the color and the yarn.
Hopefully posting pictures in the next few days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quikroxy85
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007 07:47:27 PM »

So! Hit my first roadblock. I suppose I should have figured this out before I began, but oh well! Can someone help me with this step by step. I understand what I believe it's saying, but it's just not working/making sense.

Also, with the 2-st LT , when you knit the second stitch, are you keeping it on the LH needle, even after it is knitted UNTIL you knit the first one, and slip both off?

Here is the quote, I appreciate any help!

Lattice Stitch (from Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book, pg. 138):

2 -t left twist (LT): With RH needle behind LH needle, skip next st on LH needle, k 2nd st tbl, then k skipped st in front lp, sl both sts from LH needle.

2-st right twist (RT): Skip next st on LH needle, k 2nd st in front of skipped st, sl both sts from LH needle.

BTW, Marisal, did you decide to send the yarn back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007 07:53:08 PM »

hi, i've done the LT many-a-times.  Grin

So, ok...

When you get to the LT, put your right needle into the back of the second stitch on the left needle. Knit that. Then, without dropping the stitch, knit into the front of the first stitch on the left needle, then you can drop the material remaining (from those stitches, like you would normally, but for two stitches).

I hope that helps.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
Jejune
Grand Vizier

Arrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007 08:08:48 PM »

Also, with the 2-st LT , when you knit the second stitch, are you keeping it on the LH needle, even after it is knitted UNTIL you knit the first one, and slip both off?

Yes, you are, and knittyknitter explained it really well.  It's really easy with a little practice, but it feels weird to start off with.  I did a few swatches before I knit the cardigan and it wasn't until the third one that I got the rhythm of it.  I don't know if anyone else has noticed this as well, too, but when I tried the twist stitches on needles that were ideal for the yarn weight, they looked messy, and it wasn't until I sized down to the 3s that I liked how they looked. 

For the RT, you skip the first stitch on your left needle without dropping it, and knit the next stitch over as you usually would.  THEN you knit the skipped stitch, which should have remained on the left needle the whole time, and you pull both stitches off together.  They twist after you pull them off.  The right twist goes to the right and the left twist goes to the left. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knittingkninja.com/ - the inevitable blog
quikroxy85
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007 08:36:40 PM »

Thanks both of you for explaining! After I wrote the message, I experimented, and FINALLY got the hang of it, although both of your explanations help clarify what I'm doing. That is the problem I have most often with knitting is I try to do what it says, but it's hard for me to comprehend what it is that I'm doing makes something look like it does (i.e. the pattern that the individual stitches make up). I'm working on it!

This is a fun project so far and I can't wait to get further into it!
I will be starting the Lattice tomorrow, and I am going to try to load a pic tonight of my progress so far.

Thanks again ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quikroxy85
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007 08:50:54 PM »

Here are some overdue pictures. Yarn, first progress shot, second progress shot (as of today) and my lattice "swatch" to get the hang of it!
yarn
yarn
first progress
current progress
swatch

Sorry about the difference in size in the pictures... I accidentally uploaded the big ones (I meant to do all thumbnails)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019 02:01:32 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007 09:41:42 PM »

Looks good.  Cheesy Oh, and I love andean silk! I bought some for a present I had to make, and it was wonderfully soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
marisal
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007 05:51:56 PM »

That looks great! I ended up exchanging my yarn and hopefully the new stuff will be here in a few days so I can dive right in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quikroxy85
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007 06:12:51 PM »

Marisal,

I, too, am looking forward to you getting your yarn! I can't wait for another person to join me in making this. I have a feeling I'll be moving slowly over the next few days, because I'm in my last semester of Nursing school and I am starting my preceptorship this week (I have to do 56 hours in the next two weeks made up of 12-hour shifts...), so I'll be pretty  busy with that.

Can't wait to have you join me!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marisal
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007 08:44:58 PM »

I should get my new yarn tomorrow. My needles got here a few days ago so I am ready to go (forget about that clapotis I'm working on for mother's day!)... Good luck, your schedule seems absolutely insane. Nothing like a good pattern to relax with when you come home, right? That is if you can keep your eyes open, I fell asleep knitting this afternoon, but I've heard that can happen with clapotis...
marisa
 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...