A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
345 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Say no to CROCS!!  (Read 42099 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Irin
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007 10:17:40 PM »

HAHA I hate crocs too!
I swear they're the devil shoe.

but the way you've cut out patterns and stuff is really cool, I have to say.

looks fantasticccc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StyxAndStones
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2007 07:10:27 PM »

These are so adorable!. . . I can just picture people rushing up to you asking where they can get their own pair of these "new style" crocs-- and then the looks on their faces when you say you've made them.

Highest and best way to classy up garden clogs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
MlleGouine

I love me sunglasses!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2007 10:36:14 AM »

People, people, please.  CROCS are the biggest CROCK of crap!  (In my humble opinion of course.)  They are incredibly ugly.  A large block of foam on a foot does not an attactive line create.  Just look at the profile of an adult wearing them.  They look like they have a cinder block on their feet in day-glo colors.

Yes, they are comfortable, but so are Birkenstocks, which while being more expensive, last longer, are more attactive and the manufacturing process does not create violently toxic chemicals which will NEVER break down in the environment.

I agree with the craftster who said they look fine on small kids ie <7 years old, but still the toxic factor is there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think your job is hard?  Try teaching French to 12-14 year olds in America in 2007. . .in the Deep South.
StyxAndStones
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2007 08:43:02 PM »

I heard Crocs attract electricity such that some hospitals can't allow them to be worn around certain pieces of medical machinery. . . Is that true?

Being on your feet all day is a lot less painful with Crocs cradling your tootsies-- five grueling months in a trendy coffee shop taught me so. . . people should wear Crocs at work, and make pretty clogs like these ones for wearing around in public.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
gallstones
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2007 09:35:09 PM »

NO TO CROCS!

I hate them so so much, I literally started crying in walmarts because the colours were so bright and they were selling them for 8 bucks!!

ugh.

yours are better, i would buy them.

You might be able to tone down the day glow colors with some shoe or leather dye. Maybe a permanent marker?

StyxAndStones, I have Land's End brand (Trellos) and they have a strong affinity for dog hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sagefemme
quilter, etc.

quilter, etc.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007 11:11:57 PM »

awesome. I'm totally trying this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I sometimes sell my creations: www.sagefemme.etsy.com. There is also a blog: afewscraps.blogspot.com
HottieMcHotHot

me in a bathing suit?!?!!?!!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2007 06:57:16 PM »

adorable!  do they cut in to your foot though?  rough edges?  i got my fake crocks (airwalk) at payless and love them more than the real ones i've tried on. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunshyne
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2007 10:48:42 PM »

People, people, please.  CROCS are the biggest CROCK of crap!  (In my humble opinion of course.)  They are incredibly ugly.  A large block of foam on a foot does not an attactive line create.  Just look at the profile of an adult wearing them.  They look like they have a cinder block on their feet in day-glo colors.

Yes, they are comfortable, but so are Birkenstocks, which while being more expensive, last longer, are more attactive and the manufacturing process does not create violently toxic chemicals which will NEVER break down in the environment.

I agree with the craftster who said they look fine on small kids ie <7 years old, but still the toxic factor is there.

I couldn't have said it better. . SaY NO To DAY-GLO CINDERBLOCKS!!  I have seen that CROCS have come out with somewhat cuter styles. . . but I still can't. . .just CAN'T like them.  By the way. . My DAD has a pair of Birkenstocks that are older than ME!!!  I'm 26!  That's crazy!

adorable!  do they cut in to your foot though?  rough edges?

I haven't had any problems with mine being uncomfortable with ouchy edges... the only problem I've had are with the original orange ones, they are a bit cracked on the edges of the square cut-out, which would be easily fixed by simply not cutting too many angles.  My daughter wears her pink ones a lot {{gush}} and has never complained about them hurting.  I must add that we both have wide feet, and yet they're still comfy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"the devil will find work for idle hands to do"
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2007 11:06:52 PM »

Those are really cute! On the crocs issue, I must say i'm enormously relieved to know that I am not the only person who hates them with every fiber in my being. I had a tiny sliver of hope when i heard they had ballet style but really they aren't any smaller or cuter than the rest. My mom is addicted to them and cannot understand why i hate them so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2007 11:22:40 PM »

Time for me to be an old curmudgeon. I just read an article yesterday about crocs-apparently most foot injuries on escalators now have been kids wearing crocs. The soft soles get caught,especially if they stand near the side of the steps,and in the teeth at the top and bottom.Injuries range from bad cuts to nails ripped off to a toe ripped off! Some malls catering to children-like the American Girl one in Chicago(?) have posted warning signs next to the escalators suggesting using the elevator if you're wearing crocs or flip flops.Sorry!
Yes, my daughter has a pair of cheap croc lookalikes-I think it's the shoe jewelry that makes the kids love them so much.

All that being said,I love your garden clog shoes! They're gorgeous,and fun,and I want a pair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
https://www.instagram.com/studioltd/?hl=en
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2414679
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...