A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
283 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12-point Star Blanketa.k.a. Round Ripple (w/pattern link)  (Read 129159 times)
Tags for this thread: star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2007 10:45:16 AM »

I like your Spideyghan ax174 it's awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
ailsika
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2007 10:01:02 PM »

Ooh - I made one of these, and I just noticed this thread! I made it entirely with leftover red heart and two strands held together. It does feel a little like a rug, but after several weeks as a couch blanket, it has softened up nicely. It'll be great for winter because it's really warm. The only problem I had with the blanket is that it ruffled badly. I saw somewhere that I should have used a smaller hook for the center, oh well. It works on my couch, even though it won't lay flat at all!

This is a progress pic. I still need to take a photo of the whole thing. This is what happened to it when I put it down to try to flatten it out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zero Cool
"The two patterns, art and craft, were welded together."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2007 01:23:07 AM »

I started making one of these but somehow managed to make 13 points instead of 12 and it started majorly curling at the edges. Gotta rip it out and start over, but it'll be worth it cause this blanket is so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2007 09:54:54 AM »

Mine ended up with 11 points instead of 12, but still looks pretty good, which shows how forgiving the pattern is.  This is it before blocking.  It's acrylic, but after it's blocked it should stay flat and not curl.

I keep thinking this is what Spidey drapes over his lap in the nursing home.  My 4 year-old nephew will use it to net villians, I'm sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2007 02:12:17 PM »

Welp here it is finally done:
It is 46" from point to point and I used RH Soft baby and a H hook. I think it's a good size for a four month old.

I love this, Aelita, especially the curvy points - very feminine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2007 07:32:39 AM »

Aelita, the colors are beautiful and that blanket is too! Gorgeous!

Ax174, I love your spidey afghan. It looks totally awesome!

Ailsika, I love the colors and your cat is too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
ailsika
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2007 03:10:37 PM »

Thanks - WIPs! It was really unusual for my cat to do that. He usually hates to walk on anything crocheted.

So here's the rest of the afghan. The pic is a little funny, but this is the one that best shows the colors.

The lightest area is white held together with light purple. It was well planned until the white ran out, and then I wasn't sure what to do with it. It wasn't quite big enough, so I searched the house for more yarn in similar colors. The rest of it definitely wasn't as well planned.  Wink The variegated yarn on the edge doesn't quite match, but I used a dark green yarn held with it to tone it down. At least this was a huge stashbuster!!
Oh, and it's actually a 12 point afghan, not just 10. It's just so ruffly that I smooshed all the other points to the back of the couch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2007 03:15:19 PM »

I think the colors look fine! In fact, I love the colors you used!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ailsika
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2007 04:39:11 PM »

I love it too! I think I'm just nervous about it because my husband doesn't really like it...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2007 05:28:49 PM »

I love it too! I think I'm just nervous about it because my husband doesn't really like it...  Undecided

Psh, who cares? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...