A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 315,377
Currently Running With Scissors:
235 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lower maninland fabric stores- looking for jersey fabric  (Read 2336 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2007 05:59:50 PM »

Hello fellow BC craftster's. I have been searching for some purple jersey fabric for a dress. So far I have been to Fabric Land and Fabricana in Coquitlam, and they don'y have any purple jersey. I don't really care about the shade, and wouldn't mind other colours besides bright turquise or red (the only colours I seem to be finding. Really, blue looks fine on me as well as purple.

I don't really know of many fabric stores besides those two and Dressew, so that's why I'm asking. Anything in down town Vancouver or close to a sky train would be helpful.

Thanks a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
floatingmoon
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007 06:19:59 PM »

Try Dressew
337 Hastings Street West, Vancouver, BC V6B 1H6
604-682-6196

It's big, so you may be able to find what you want. Check out other things too, sometimes they have very good deals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We see the throns of the others, but we cannot see the log of timber in our eyes.
OriBanana
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007 10:22:45 PM »

Hey Kator, numerous times I've heard my teacher talk about textile warehouse where we get our stuff for the shows. I've never been so I don't know whats there, but some great words such as "textiles" and "warehouse" are in the title so it may be a chance. It's at 33rd and Fraser, so it's quite the haul. Also if you really can't find anything, maybe phone up a dancewear manufacturerer and ask where they get their material.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Welch's God, Thank you for your jelly-like  intervention, with this twat.
THANK YOU  WELCH'S GOD OF THUNDER AND JELLY AND JAM!
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007 10:50:16 PM »

it's called textile clearance house, and it's at 41st and fraser (well, between 40th and 41st, across from the graveyard). it's actually not that hard to get to by bus, if you take skytrain, get off at joyce, catch the 41st bus and get off at fraser and walk half a block. i used to live a few blocks away, and joyce was definitely the easiest skytrain to get to from there. they're actually fabricland (though they're not supposed to tell you that), so sometimes you can find the exact same stock as what fabricland has, but at half the price.

that being said, i'm never really happy with their jersey selection. sometimes they have some, and sometimes they have none at all. i have found fabulous jersey there on occasion though. and they do have a lot of knits in general, i'm not sure if you're looking for actual jersey, or just a purple knit fabric.

there are also a few small fabric stores further up fraser, if you're gonna go out there anyway. rocco's is around 45th and fraser, and i haven't been there since they enlarged the store, but they always had really fun fabrics, so they probably have even more now!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Crafty_Witch15
BLT

copper boom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007 09:22:02 AM »

oooh, that sounds like a plan! I'm really looking for the knit fabric they call jersey. Fabricland and Fabricana have such a small selection. Ori, we must go!! If you're busy this weekend it will have to be in April, but it sounds like fun!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my fashion blog

http://karent.wordpress.com/
discoprincess
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007 03:24:58 PM »

I bet if you hit Fraser in the Indian market area...you'll find something.

I will look at Fabricland on Marine when I go this week and let you know Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines. I do love knitting patterns.
-- Dumbledore

Ravelry: disco
babybluangel
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007 07:44:53 PM »

I know walmart has some fabrics, and i know that the one in guilford has a fair sized selection but i dont know if they have jersey fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amber
sandy810
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008 06:33:36 PM »

I know walmart has some fabrics, and i know that the one in guilford has a fair sized selection but i dont know if they have jersey fabric.

wal mart doesn't usually deal in knits. sometimes u can find nice ones, but not at any cheaper than it would be somewhere else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...