A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
174 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's your most obscure craft supply???  (Read 6817 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
brookem
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2007 06:21:28 AM »

massive needles- the kind used to make mattresses, a tiny little jeweler's anvil and a bunch of scary sewing tools (which i inherited) that are either used to stitch leather or to elicit confessions from the unwilling.

button. many, many buttons. i asked ONE person for their spare buttons and now everyone gives them to me. maybe i'll become one of those people who completely cover their clothes in buttons. anyone know what those people are called?

also pen nibs, hundreds of them but no pens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
anu_paradox
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2007 09:46:08 AM »

Watch parts: gears, little metal pieces, screws, etc. Also the watch parts came in little glass vials so I have alot of those too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

talyra
likes shiny things

Aboard yer ship, gnawin' yer timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2007 09:53:46 AM »

My jump ring mandrels. One never-sharpened pencil, two nails of different diameters, a stick from a game of "Pick Up Sticks" that I've had since I was a kid (random xmas present, no idea why they bothered since I live in the countryside and could have collected sticks for nothing) and the middle plastic bit from a cotton bud. They get weirder as they get smaller.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strangela

beware of octopus girl

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007 07:16:17 AM »

Mine may be an old Barbie fashion design set I had. There's only bits and pieces left, but there was a table thing with an underlight (for tracing, etc), barbie girl stencils (unrealistic, but I made do), and barbie clothes stencils (so you can make your own!). Really an interesting thing. (And I loved it when I was a kid too!). Right now the light desk is still around somewhere, and comes in remarkably handy for many things.

I HAD THAT!!!! It was my favourite thing EVER!  Grin I never thought of re-using the light table, but since I am in dire need of one...Well, I'll have to do some digging to see if I even still have it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Prettyinpunk

Ooooh....swedishness.....0_o

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2007 07:30:30 AM »

button. many, many buttons. i asked ONE person for their spare buttons and now everyone gives them to me. maybe i'll become one of those people who completely cover their clothes in buttons. anyone know what those people are called?

Pearly kings/dukes/queens...somethings....of somewhere (ie. town, county i think)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2007 07:56:02 AM »

well for when im making things out of polymer clay i use some stuff  got with a plasticine set ages ago, like a mini rolling pin, stamps and cutters etc

i have a board that was from the bottom of a drawer, i use it to put paper draw on

an instruction book on how to use a 1970's ronco flower loom (to make flowers from wool etc) that i got from my aunt, it has loads of funky retro designs and tells you how to make the flowers the only thing is i dont have the actual loom, it looks pretty simple to make ... ive been planning on making one for about 7 years now, haha!

a bag of buttons from an old keyboard and another bag of circuits etc from gadgets

and loads of other weird things, i like to improvize and use lots of weird stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2007 08:45:22 AM »

im glad im not the only one, I have an electric styrofoam cutter made with old electric train track parts an old boyfriend made me that I have used once. About 7 aunt martha burlap punch needle rug bases that i have planned to do for the last 20 years, I even have the hardcore egg beater type punch needle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
susankg53
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2007 10:25:31 AM »

intergalaticj-I still have the ronco flower looms and I'm not sure if I still have the book, I have tons of stuff that I've collected over the years, that's why my craft room has run over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2007 10:47:36 AM »

intergalaticj-I still have the ronco flower looms and I'm not sure if I still have the book, I have tons of stuff that I've collected over the years, that's why my craft room has run over.

oooh cool! i was thinking of hammering nails into the same shape of the loom, do you think it would work or am i a bit mad? maybe ill just look on ebay

i have tons of crafty things too that ive never even used but i keep saying ill get round to, i just wanna try everything!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susankg53
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2007 11:03:07 AM »

the looms are open in the middle of the shape and that way you can reach into it to work your magic, but if you got the shape cut out of wood I think nails with very tiny heads would work
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...