A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,783
Currently Running With Scissors:
288 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally put my studio/art/craft room together! (img hvy)  (Read 85419 times)
Tags for this thread: organization , craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2007 03:54:58 PM »

sweets that's an awesome room!! I want it!!

and I love that you have 13 pages of people telling you that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2007 05:02:54 AM »

I've already posted once to tell you how sweet that room is, but I had to go back and look at it again for inspiration.  My daughter is going to grad school and I have her room!!!  Can't wait to get started.  I have already picked out the paint and I am gathering storage solutions.  After looking at your baskets, I noticed the "meltables" collection.  What is in that and what do you do (other than melt them!)??  I collect tissue paper for deco items too.  There are so many pretty patterns!!  Now I know how to visualize and not buy more too.  Thanks for that tip again!

Awe... thanks so much and you're welcome, too! Smiley

Meltables!  It's funny you noticed that. Cheesy  Plastic dinosaurs, policeman, chunks of plastic...I make bowls out of them like this:

With the beads and cookie cutters, I make keychains & window hangings like these:
Elephant https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=160351.0
"Leah" https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127380.0

With beads, bowls & misc. items I make stuff like these:
Starry Night https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=101446.0
Another Starry Night https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=117155.0
Lamp shade https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=100703.0
Another lamp shade https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=132913.0
Trinket tin https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=123260.0
Bowl https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=100619.0
Tin, spoon rest & sun catcher https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127380.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2007 05:03:34 AM »

sweets that's an awesome room!! I want it!!

and I love that you have 13 pages of people telling you that Smiley

Thank you, Kiwi!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2007 05:51:23 AM »

WOW!!
I'm soo impressed. If I ever have a house of my own, the one requirement is a separate room for all my crafts and stuff. Yours is amazing.

First of all: Does Clinton get that whole closet to himself, or is there just an aquarium in there? I'm guessing he gets the whole closet, and if so, I was wondering if it were possible for you to maybe do a whole post just on the closet and its construction?? I'm SOOOO curious about it. I don't have a lizard of my own, but I would like to have one some day, and that seems like such a kick ass idea.

Secondly, your melted dinosaur bowl is about the best thing ever!! I already clicked the little camera to make it one of my favorite projects posted by someone else, but I'm curious: Do you have another post somewhere that details how you did that? Do you just put the stuff between two bowls and melt away? How do you keep the beads in between the dinosaurs like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sagefleur
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2007 05:56:33 AM »

i have lots of beads but I'm messy! You're neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2007 06:08:43 AM »

WOW!!
I'm soo impressed. If I ever have a house of my own, the one requirement is a separate room for all my crafts and stuff. Yours is amazing.

First of all: Does Clinton get that whole closet to himself, or is there just an aquarium in there? I'm guessing he gets the whole closet, and if so, I was wondering if it were possible for you to maybe do a whole post just on the closet and its construction?? I'm SOOOO curious about it. I don't have a lizard of my own, but I would like to have one some day, and that seems like such a kick ass idea.

Secondly, your melted dinosaur bowl is about the best thing ever!! I already clicked the little camera to make it one of my favorite projects posted by someone else, but I'm curious: Do you have another post somewhere that details how you did that? Do you just put the stuff between two bowls and melt away? How do you keep the beads in between the dinosaurs like that?

Thank you so much for your kind words... you guys know how to start a girl's day off right! Smiley

I never thought to make a thread for his cage or if I did, I don't think I included instructions because it's not ringing a bell.  I'll search to see if I have one and if I do, I'll add instructions!  If not, I'll definitely start one.  I have some other photos I could add, too.  Clinton does get the whole closet to himself.  His water tub is at the bottom of the closet, there's a ladder that leads up to the shelf where his food & big log are and there's a hanging log that he swings on like a goofball.  His lighting is suspended above a layer of metal screening at the ceiling.

I never started a post for the dino bowl either!  Sheesh...I'm slacking, I think. Cheesy  I have some dino bowls (this one I gave to retroeva for her birthday present last year Grin), some bug bowls and some army men bowls - fun stuff!  I'll just give ya a quick recap here & maybe when I'm done working today I'll remember to start a tutorial thread with it:
I used a round cake pan, lined it with foil, laid out all my dinos and "sprinkled" the empty spots with beads as filler.  I baked it (I have no idea the temperature or time) - I usually start at 300 & get impatient and crank it up. Cheesy  Just melt until you're satisfied with the consistency. Wink  I removed it from the oven, immediately lifted the piece up by the foil and molded it over an inverted metal mixing bowl.  I let it cool and then I peeled off the foil.

The army men are hard plastic, but the dino toys are made with some sort of rubbery material.  The bowl would flex slightly, so I'm sure the beads (since they are hard plastic) would pop off over time.  I sealed it with 3 layers of acrylic sealant just to be sure they wouldn't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2007 06:09:07 AM »

i have lots of beads but I'm messy! You're neat!

It's a new thing for me.  I'm trying it out. Cheesy  I like it so far! Grin  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2007 06:09:46 AM »

I already clicked the little camera to make it one of my favorite projects posted by someone else...

Thanks, by the way!  Wowie!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2007 07:12:32 AM »

Aw, sweets, I didn't mean to make more work for you, I just meant I wanted more pictures of the lizard closet to see what it looked like inside, and the dino bowl explanation you put up there is perfect....I just couldn't put together in my mind how it worked...My friend is obsessed with dinosaurs (especially the mighty stegosaurus) and I'd LOVE to make one of these for her.

THANKS, and you are an awesome craftster (I guess that's the reason you are assistant admin, huh?) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2007 07:17:06 AM »

Aw, sweets, I didn't mean to make more work for you, I just meant I wanted more pictures of the lizard closet to see what it looked like inside, and the dino bowl explanation you put up there is perfect....I just couldn't put together in my mind how it worked...My friend is obsessed with dinosaurs (especially the mighty stegosaurus) and I'd LOVE to make one of these for her.

THANKS, and you are an awesome craftster (I guess that's the reason you are assistant admin, huh?) Smiley

It's okies - I really should post it.  I take tons of photos anytime we do a project, so I'm not sure why I never posted it before. Cheesy

I'm glad the dino bowl explanation will work for ya!  It's a really inexpensive project.  I get the bags of toys at Dollar Tree for $1/each.  I don't recall how many bags that one took though...maybe 2 or 3?  I picked through and took out the dinos I liked best to use. Grin

Thanks again! *blush*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...