A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super Cute Blue Polka Dotted Summer Dress!!!!! (Image Heavy-ish)  (Read 13288 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
elliebelly123
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007 05:37:23 PM »

OMG, thank you soooooo much MonkeyThumb, that's some really good advice, I'll definitely take it on board!!!! Thanks. Cheesy

JBoo: No, it has no zipper. The way I did the back was by sewing two strips of elastic onto the back of the dress and when I was sewing I stretched the elastic so when I let go it kinda 'bunched up'. If that makes any sense at all?!? (I think it's called ruching?? Or something like that!)

Thanks everyone!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."  Coco Chanel
GumInMyHair
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007 07:13:18 PM »

Hard to believe you are only 13. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Boffcat
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007 04:05:34 AM »

I'm going to buck the trend and say that I prefer it with the belt. And I'm in awe of your drafting skills! My one attempt at copying an existing garment resulted in a rather peculiar-looking sack.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who would have thought - I have a blog!
thriftrat

"we just want to live, if anyone would let us."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007 04:39:01 AM »

that's so cute! i've been meaning to make a summery polka-dot dress too. i esp. love the ruffles around the bottom, i'm a sucker for them. good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'd rather be sewing.
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007 09:48:26 AM »

I might have commented this already but if not , I just gotta say that is a really cute shape for a dress I love the fit and I like that it has a cute ruffel without being to foo foo ... you know what i mean . any way great job !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliebelly123
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007 02:06:44 AM »

Wow, thanks so much!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."  Coco Chanel
emiwcch
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007 01:07:45 PM »

i am totally in awe of your sewing skills. the dress is really cute, i must say. it looks almost exactly like the one you bought, so congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Know your onion!
Lilia
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007 06:10:35 PM »

This is great. It looks fantastic and reminds me of Betty Boop. It doesn't need the pockets, though they would be handy.

This si definately at least 30 times better than the seming I was doing at 13, nice job Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dirtythghts4
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007 06:07:39 AM »

Roll Eyes so cool. i wish i could do this. and your only 13... i can only imagine how completely awesome you are going to become! i thought that was impossible. lol.

anyways. i like the belt. but i agree with the whole "maybe a white one"... or you could do red, since that would lend it a very nautical kind of feel (red white and blue seem to be those colors.) and nautical is in... i think. i can't keep track.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*sigh* so is life, i've often said
magpiefroggy
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007 06:13:33 AM »

Yuo did a fantastic job : I like it with the belt. You are very talanted
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...