A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
272 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fitted Knits-along ?  (Read 126727 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
nat12
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2007 12:20:13 AM »

Help, please!
I'm trying to do the DSL tank, and my head is just not computing!
I want to do it in the round so...
1. do I reverse the order of the stitches for the WS rows?
2. do I leave off the p1 (or whatever) before, and the k2, p1(whatever it is) after the pattern stitches or not?
3. I thought this was supposed to be in a multiple of 8 stitches. I may be counting wrong, but I come up with 9 or 13. (I am counting row 1, not the set up row though - will check that one when I get home.)

I'm very confused and will hopefully find that I am just overthinking this, can someone help me please. Even if you PM'd me with constructions you used when you made it in the round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Star217
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2007 07:03:17 AM »

I did mine in the round using the link above a reference. I got rid of the extra stitches on the side for seaming and knit the pattern straight through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
gobanana
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2007 07:35:54 AM »

I posted this on the discussion and questions board, but I think I might get more help here.   Smiley

Can someone help me with the increases on this thing?  My right lifted increases look completely different than my left lifted increases.  They are much looser for some reason.  I can tell when I put it on that one side is going to be all holey.  It's really bothering me that the two sides don't match.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I've redone it like 8 times!!!   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm katieknits on Ravelry!
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2007 08:11:11 AM »

Did you forget to turn on your notifications?  If you only want certain topics to notify you of replies, you can turn them on or off by clicking the "notify" tab at the top of any page in a topic (a confirmation window will come up). Smiley

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=186553.msg1953719#msg1953719
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gobanana
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2007 09:17:12 AM »

Did you forget to turn on your notifications?  If you only want certain topics to notify you of replies, you can turn them on or off by clicking the "notify" tab at the top of any page in a topic (a confirmation window will come up). Smiley

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=186553.msg1953719#msg1953719

I did see your reply to my other post, and I should have thanked you earlier!  Smiley  I'm going to try using a different increase.  I don't know why I didn't think of that before, because that's exactly what I do whenever I have a pattern that uses M1.  I hate doing those!   Tongue

It's just bothering me and I wanted to know if it was just me doing something wrong or if other people had the same problem.  Thanks for helping though!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm katieknits on Ravelry!
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2007 09:57:51 AM »

You're welcome!

Stephanie Japel wrote her patterns for modification, so I don't think it's ever a problem to change things up.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2007 11:00:14 AM »

rjbuthead - your T looks great!  I really want to see an action shot so I can decide if I want to knit it next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
weirdlilcraftychic

oh wow look at me

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2007 04:13:40 PM »

I'm almost finished with the front piece of the DSL in TOTALLY different yarn...one strand of black and one of pale blue of some random yarn cones given to me...will try to post pics if I finish it

THIS ROCKS   Logged
amyb444
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2007 04:30:02 PM »

That tee looks really good, I'm glad to see a finished one because it is on my list of things to knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Star217
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2007 07:50:38 AM »

Okay here's the pic (beware...crappy cell phone pic ahead) of my drop stitch lace tank. I knitted in the round and knit through the backloop before and after the drop stitch area to preserve the shape. This makes the tank a bit less stretch, though there is a ton of ease, and I continued the lace pattern on the back for a few rows above the ribbing to give the bust area a little more room to breathe. I started the ribbing after 2 1/2 repeats of the lace pattern so it would hit closer to my waist and not emphasise my hips. I also got rid of all the buttons except the top one, which I can wear open or closed because I raised the neckline a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...