A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
245 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 40 cent fabric find!  (Read 2643 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

malizindie
« on: February 24, 2007 12:37:13 AM »

Even thought I don't support Wal-Mart, occasionally I find myself wandering the isles...and I came upon some lovely 40 cent fabric (score!) and after getting some inspiration from a fellow craftster, went to it.

Here's what I came up with:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/fong_torres/products%20of%20my%20creativity/DSCN2073.jpg

And a close up on the flowers:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/fong_torres/products%20of%20my%20creativity/DSCN2074.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/fong_torres/products%20of%20my%20creativity/DSCN2075.jpg

This was just a trial frame (it was 2am and I didn't feel like sewing, so I rocked out the duct tape...) The next one I want to work some beading in. What do you think?

This is the original inspiration (I don't have the name/link to this one, but I'd love to give some credit!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/fong_torres/products%20of%20my%20creativity/12679big_frame-med.jpg

Thanks for peeking!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010 01:15:39 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LittleThistle
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007 01:56:56 AM »

hey that's very cute, I like the fabric.

it would be a really good idea if someone was renting and wanted to bring some colours in to their home, you could just whip uo a couple of these in different fabrics in the the same colour range
(mabye even natural fibres like linens)

i might give that a go!

thanks for sharing!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
malizindie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007 09:54:02 AM »

Thanks, LittleThistle Cheesy

After I finish a set of smaller frames, I want to tackle something bigger...maybe a fabric-y picture frame head board that'll add color to my white walls (apartment blues...) Now all I need is a corresponding center piece for the frame.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LittleThistle
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007 02:42:40 PM »

ohh hey!
keep us updated with that!

most "new" beds are really hideous so DIY all the way.

good luck,
allison
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissMischief
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007 12:02:58 PM »

WOOOOOOWW  that is sooooo good!!!  even though you saw the idea the fabric and colors together are so creative and look so good!!  i cant wait to see the next matching piece!!

-alyson
(hehe, i just did that cause the person above me is allison and i was excited about it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...