A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
268 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funky ways to carry the rings? Ideas anyone?  (Read 3090 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
vixenmeowmeow
« on: February 22, 2007 05:38:49 PM »

So I've been put in charge of making something for the ring bearer to use to carry the rings at a friends wedding. I don't wanna just do a typical pillow thing. But I was wondering if anyone had any cool ideas. Her colors are brown, pink, white, polka dots, kinda funky. So far the idea that I've had is to crochet a cupcake "box" that the rings will be in and they just have to take the lid off to get the rings out.
Kinda like this:

the inside "box" part is actually a yogurt container that you crochet around.

So, hit me with your funkiest ideas!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wealhtheow
if this isn't nice, what is?

ting-a-ling, you bastards!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007 08:18:15 PM »

Maybe cover a Chinese takeout container in some beautiful coordinating fabric, trim, buttons, decorative frogs, beads, etc and switch out the wire handle for cording or ribbon?   You'd only need some scraps and white glue - Stitch Witchery might even work for bonding it to the box.  :-)  My other thought was one of those cute old-timey animal cracker boxes with the string handle... not sure if they still make these, but that would be cute for a little boy to carry.  If he's old enough, maybe he could drive a remote-controlled truck containing the rings down the aisle a bit ahead of him... :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vixenmeowmeow
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007 09:21:59 PM »

Maybe cover a Chinese takeout container in some beautiful coordinating fabric, trim, buttons, decorative frogs, beads, etc and switch out the wire handle for cording or ribbon?   You'd only need some scraps and white glue - Stitch Witchery might even work for bonding it to the box.  :-)  My other thought was one of those cute old-timey animal cracker boxes with the string handle... not sure if they still make these, but that would be cute for a little boy to carry.  If he's old enough, maybe he could drive a remote-controlled truck containing the rings down the aisle a bit ahead of him... :-)

Ahh! That chinese food take-out box! That's a great idea. I used that one year for an ornament exchange.
I'm pretty sure it's her niece that's carrying the rings...but she could still drive a truck Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tarewyn
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Atticus Finch

Saving my sanity, one crafty day at a time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007 07:55:17 AM »

I think it would be an awesome creative ring "pillow"  Any idea what the wedding cake will look like?  You could do a cupcake sized knock off.  Very sweet!

Tarewyn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vixenmeowmeow
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007 09:00:51 AM »

I think it would be an awesome creative ring "pillow"  Any idea what the wedding cake will look like?  You could do a cupcake sized knock off.  Very sweet!

Tarewyn

yeah the wedding cake is pink with polka dots. It would be hard to crochet the polka dots, but I could always use felt. That's a good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007 09:19:09 AM »

i don't know if this would "fit" for this wedding, but you did ask for IDEAS.

i saw a wedding where the ringbearer brought the rings down the aisle in a baseball mitt.

i do like the cupcake knock-off of the wedding cake idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
LoriHatesOkra
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007 10:53:36 AM »

I love the mitt idea!! Too bad I'm not having a ring bearer  Sad

I do like the cupcakes as well... very creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vixenmeowmeow
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007 11:15:31 AM »

i don't know if this would "fit" for this wedding, but you did ask for IDEAS.

i saw a wedding where the ringbearer brought the rings down the aisle in a baseball mitt.

i do like the cupcake knock-off of the wedding cake idea!!

Yeah, I don't really think the mitt would fit the wedding them...it's very kitschy with pink and brown and chinese lanterns and polka dots...but it's a good idea though!! Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
summerlyn

Miracles happen, just ask the angels

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007 04:42:22 AM »

The wedding theme sounds sort of similar to mine,
Although i am having butterflies instead of chinese lantern.
Mine should be a butterfly on a big flat leaf with willow and the rings tied to it.
Perhaps you could make a mini lantern with a fake light (you know those flicker battery operated ones) and hang them inside?
Or maybe one of those mini old bird cadges and then you could hang polka dots and the rings inside?
Hope i helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vixenmeowmeow
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007 02:40:37 PM »

The wedding theme sounds sort of similar to mine,
Although i am having butterflies instead of chinese lantern.
Mine should be a butterfly on a big flat leaf with willow and the rings tied to it.
Perhaps you could make a mini lantern with a fake light (you know those flicker battery operated ones) and hang them inside?
Or maybe one of those mini old bird cadges and then you could hang polka dots and the rings inside?
Hope i helped!
[/quote

Ooh! The bird cage would be awesome...the lantern would be cool too though. That's a really cool idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...