Swap name: A Very Dishalicious Dishcloth/Washcloth Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Elphalba (aka Elphie :-)
Sign-up date range:2/16-2/23
Date to send item by:3/16
Limited to a certain number of people?: Yes 30 people
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
All ages allowed? 18 and up only please.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES. Already have one lined up! :-)
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES Details of swap: You can sign up to make either one dishcloth/washcloth to send to a partner or can sign up to send 2 washcloth/dishcloths to the samepartner. Dishcloths must be made with cotton- washcloths with cotton or I've even seen a flower one done with chenile. Peaches and Cream runs about 1.29 a ball at Wally World, Sugar & Cream runs around 1.50 a ball at Micheals or you can buy the larger balls at Joanns for 1.99. You can also by all cotton at your local yarn store. Debbie Bliss, and Jaeger "Aqua" are also spiffy cotton yarns that come in a wide range of colors if you want to go that route.( My LYS just ran a 40% off clearance on theirs so I stocked up! Whoo hoo! lol
One note: variated yarns do not tend to show pattern designs too well. Please keep that in mind when choosing your yarn.
All cloths need to have some sort of pattern-whatever you choose. Please do not do plain garter stitch. This swap is a perfect way for practicing new stitch patterns. Get as crazy as you'd like! Some spiffy & nifty dishcloth pattern sites:http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php
...When you have mailed PLEASE be sure to send me your Delivery Confirmation number. I will be noting communication in feedback- so please communicate with me if something arises and you will not be abe to mail out on time. This should be a quick swap and everyone should have plenty of time to get them in the mail on the mail out date I hope .
Please post pictures in a timely manner so that everyone may admire all the cool designs I'm sure you'll all make!
Also it is a requirement for this swap that you contact your partner & myself upon receiving.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Do you want to sign up for making 1 or 2 cloths for your partner?
What are your fave colors?
Are there any colors are you are really
trying to avoid?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:Elphalba <---> PlayitGeorge
lapoli 1st time swapper. <----> Maiziemama
misswendiki 1st time swapper. <----> Needlesandyarn 1st time swapper.
BlondieKate <----> kahluakiggy
Sent Amanelle <----> happygirl
TessTessi <----> droopymcccool
Hoxierice <----> moilulu
iwriteplays <----> Ginamonster
ZaftigMomma <----> miss_cute_boots
kristieb <----> Whiskey
lulubean <----> kaytm
Gallery is ready for the first package that arrives https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=155204.0