A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
218 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 286923 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Nymphara
« Reply #920 on: October 10, 2008 08:32:32 AM »

Aurgh. Still no pics, cause I still don't have home internet access, but I'm about to do the ribbing on the bottom. I'm so excited to wear this sweater! I made it a bit longer than others I've seen, and I'm going to make it a very long sleeve, possibly with a thumb hole. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theknitphomaniac
« Reply #921 on: November 28, 2008 01:49:54 AM »

I *love* it. I'm inspired to stash-bust and make one like that now (as though I need more projects in que now... lol Wink )

I just started my first today, watching movies 'n stuff with the family. Prime knitting time. Here's what I have so far.
It's Simply Soft Eco in Pine:

(sorry for the link instead of embedded pic... I've been here for years but I just changed usernames so I can't directly post pics yet Tongue )

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo211/theknitphomaniac/sweaters/IMG_2873_ed_w.jpg

I cast on for the Large size, did the CO (alternating cable cast-on)with US8s, worked the K1P1 rib with US7s for 1". then used US8s for the body. It looks a little funny here but the neck seems to be laying well so far and I'm really glad I used the smaller needles for the ribbing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theknitphomaniac
« Reply #922 on: November 29, 2008 01:22:28 AM »

Yay! I'm almost through my first skein and just a few rounds away from separating the sleeves already! Smiley

I'm loving this top-down raglan thing. I can see it being a canvas for many fun things to come.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: November 29, 2008 11:23:31 AM »

I like the Pine color. How is the Caron Eco to knit with? My local Wal-mart replaced all the Simply Soft with Eco a month or two back, so I've wondered about it. I guess it can't be too bad if you are making such fast progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
theknitphomaniac
« Reply #924 on: November 30, 2008 11:06:55 AM »

It's pretty nice. Definitely easy to work with. Less splitty than regular SS too.

I think all WalMarts did that (someone in one of my Ravelry groups posted an email from Caron stating that).
I went to pick up some SS Brites for the retina burning 80s inspired afghan I'm working on and all they have now is Eco. I was not pleased because that means I have to drive half an hour for yarn before I can finish my afghan but decided to make sure the trip wasn't a total loss (I haaaate going to WM) and picked up a couple skeins of this. I'm happy with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theknitphomaniac
« Reply #925 on: December 01, 2008 09:35:12 AM »

Here's where I am now:

Separated the sleeves after 25 increase reps. The body is about mid-boob-length now but it's really hard to take a picture of it on myself, by myself, so that's the best I could do.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008 09:37:08 AM by theknitphomaniac » THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2008 02:24:44 PM »

It's pretty nice. Definitely easy to work with. Less splitty than regular SS too.

Good to know. I have too much yarn stashed right now to buy any for a long while, but I'm glad to have seen a review of the Eco, in case I want it in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #927 on: December 01, 2008 05:17:48 PM »

Putting my two cents in about the Eco:
I personally love it. It's still as soft as regular Simply Soft, but it feels slightly stiff to me? But in a good way. I don't know if anyone else has noticed it haha. But <3 I adore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theknitphomaniac
« Reply #928 on: December 02, 2008 05:03:33 AM »

I think I know what you mean there. I think that might also be one reason why it's less splitty.

Have you washed up anything made from Eco yet? I'm curious how it feels afterward compared to before.

I should have probably washed a swatch before I started my top but hey, I feel accomplished that I swatched at all. Lol. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #929 on: December 30, 2008 12:50:46 PM »

I've just decided that this is the sweater I need, I've never finished anything for myself but I think I might be able to finish this one, I have all the supplies for it (simply soft eco in charcoal) I'm going toprint out the pattern and start it today and see how it goes  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...