A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
155 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 298282 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 10, 2007 04:48:38 PM »

leppardess> looks like we are about the same depth in! I love that colour! Yes I have to get some more of that Simply Soft!
Thank goodness for holidays! I hope to get a bit farther along tonight.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u2/Silverilix/HPIM2383.jpg[/img]

See my blog for a detail of the sleeve cable. Cheesy

Yeah, looks like we're close Cheesy Love the yarn you're using!!  Grin

I've done about 4 inches on the body so far, hopefully, I'll get another 4 done so I can start the ribbing *happy dance* Then... onto the sleeves!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008 02:45:49 PM by jungrrl - Reason: Please remove IMG tags when quoting! Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #641 on: October 11, 2007 11:09:39 PM »

Sweet! sounds like you are moving quick! can't wait to see it! Cheesy I think I will have more progress by the end of the weekend. Hope to show you soon too! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
leppardess

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 12, 2007 09:16:18 AM »

Sweet! sounds like you are moving quick! can't wait to see it! Cheesy I think I will have more progress by the end of the weekend. Hope to show you soon too! Wink
Yeah, progress is a wonderful thing Cheesy I'm at just about 12 inches on the body so far. Just about ready to do the ribbing and start on the sleeves. I'll take a pic of it after the ribbing is done, hopefully tonight sometime.

I gotta say that even after the first few false starts that I had with this, this is probably the most fun I've had doing a project so far Cheesy It's easy enough to give me hours of mindless knitting but interesting enough to keep me... interested LOL I'm already picking out colors for my next one  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #643 on: October 12, 2007 06:28:43 PM »

I got to the armpits of mine, tried it on and it is waaaaay too floofy.  The  top portion is fine, but I can't possibly save this thing the way it turned out.  So it is officially in the frog pond.  Good thing it is a very experimental one.   Grin  I will show pics before I unpick it though.  For the good of mankind, and all that  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
spolowitz

Wiggidy Wack?....No just regular type

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 12, 2007 06:56:18 PM »

I ordered my yarn off of webs last night.

cascade 220 in peony heather

I can't wait !!

I ordered 4 skeins which I think adds up to 900 yds will this be enough for a long sleeve or do I need another one?

I'm making the size medium
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leppardess

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 12, 2007 08:48:25 PM »

I can't wait !!

I ordered 4 skeins which I think adds up to 900 yds will this be enough for a long sleeve or do I need another one?

That might be enough. I'm just about at the end of the body and I just tied on my 3rd skein of SS Heathers (250 yards  per skein). I alloted 4 skeins to this project as I'm doing long sleeves for mine too, in addition to making the body a little longer.

But, I'm a firm believer in surplus. I got an extra 2 skeins (6 in all) 'just in case' as this is the first sweater that I've ever done and I have no idea how much I'm really going to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: October 12, 2007 09:19:23 PM »

I can't wait !!

I found this website that gives some guidelines for how much yarn you'd need for a sweater based on gauge.  Might be a good starting point?  900 seems like it wouldn't be enough for a long sleeved sweater, but I'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
berol
« Reply #647 on: October 13, 2007 12:14:09 AM »

I'm making a long sleeved jumper and using sirdar country style dk, which is 340yds to a ball.

So far I've almost finished one sleeve and all the body and only just started ball 3.

I reckon you could probably do it, as I don't think I'll reach ball 4 and I'm not exactly skinny. Oh and I'm using size 4.5mm needles, which is probably smaller than most people here. (The ball band says use 4mm, but it's turning out nicely with bigger needles)

On the cascade website is says 4.5mm (#7) or 5mm (#8), which are you going to use?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*waves*
leppardess

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 13, 2007 08:49:14 AM »

I got through the body and I'm on the sleeves now (about 3 inches)  *happy dance* With luck, I'll be done either tonight or tomorrow Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gummy
« Reply #649 on: October 13, 2007 09:52:13 AM »

I'm about 3 inches in (total).  It's going by pretty fast but I imagine it'll start to slow down with more increases Sad

I'm just using bernat super value in black.  Not very interesting.  No stripes, even.  Once I finish this one I want to do one with stripes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magicaljennybella.blogspot.com

Ravelry: Jennybella
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...