A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,771
Currently Running With Scissors:
169 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 299609 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: September 28, 2007 05:56:04 AM »

Wow, Silver Ilix, that is so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SlickMariaVic
« Reply #601 on: September 28, 2007 04:20:05 PM »

I just have a quick question about cables: Is there anything special you have to do to format them to working in the round?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: September 28, 2007 04:51:37 PM »

If you're charting them, no. 

If you've got written directions, check to see if they're meant for flat or in the round knitting. When they're written for flat knitting, you need to reverse the stitches on the WS rows, but it's usually intuitive once you get the hang of it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michelle2007
« Reply #603 on: September 30, 2007 02:05:10 PM »

I know this might be a really silly question to ask, but i'm working on the top down raglan, and was relieved to get to the part where i do the rib for the bottom of the sweater, to find the rib i was doing is coming out wrong, i'm doing 2x2 rib. I'm not used to knitting in the round, in fact this is my first knit sweater... so is there different rules to rib for knitting in a round, because i'm puzzled at what i'm doing wrong. Can anyone else tell me if knitting in a round can make the rib stitch different???  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2007 02:42:46 PM »

Can anyone else tell me if knitting in a round can make the rib stitch different???  Huh

Ribbing shouldn't be any different in the round than flat.  Just make sure that you check the stitches below what you're working on to make sure you're doing the right stitch.  One problem you could be having is you didn't have the right number of stitches for a 2x2 rib.  you need a multiple of 4 for it to work, otherwise you end up with a block of 4 knits or 4 purls.  It's easy to fix by increasing by a couple stitches right before you start the ribbing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
michelle2007
« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2007 03:19:22 PM »

thanks fishie  Smiley

at least i know theres no difference than doing rib on flat knitting now, must have done something wrong somewhere with the stitches, and also will need to re-count the stitches to see if i have the right amount... after i've un-knit the rows of messy rib i've done, hopefully i can get it right this time  Grin

thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2007 05:33:30 PM »

I have a sweater I was going to knit for my bf that has a great cable running down the middle with a horseshoe cable to either side.  The pattern is written for flat knitting so when you cable in the round do you just knit stitches as you see them, no purling on wrongside,knitting on rightside etc?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2007 06:22:30 PM »

I have a sweater I was going to knit for my bf that has a great cable running down the middle with a horseshoe cable to either side.  The pattern is written for flat knitting so when you cable in the round do you just knit stitches as you see them, no purling on wrongside,knitting on rightside etc?

yep Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sdawson
Knitting Archaeologist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2007 06:34:09 PM »

This sounds about right, but I remember having some difficulty the first few rows of my cable.  It was a while ago, though, and I can't remember exactly what the problem was.  I think I had to invert all the stitches on the wrong side rows in the pattern.  For example, Row 2 of my Double Waves cable had p2, k3, p2, k2, p2, k3, p2 for flat knitting.  I had to change it to k2, p3, k2, p2, k2, p3, k2 for circular knitting.  (This only applies to rows on the wrong side in the original pattern.)

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting is the perfect procrastination tool!

My blog: http://knittingarchaeologist.blogspot.com
becarita
« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2007 10:03:52 PM »

So I ran out and bought one more skein of simply soft, as I already have 1 and half lying around, cast on 88 stitches on my size 8 needles (24" long) and there was no way I was going to be able to join the stitches.  I tried size 10 needles, 16" and still no luck.  Amy I doing something wrong, or should I be starting with much shorter needles and then moving up to the larger size as I increase?  Keep in mind, I was watching the Simpsons and Family Guy while trying to start this, so that could be the problem Smiley

Becky

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...