A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aussie Sweatshop Sampler Swap  (Read 19693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007 03:53:05 AM »

I got my first parcel today, it's a totally rockin soccer baggie.
ok the kids reactions were
"what's that?"
"hmmm ok"
" oh goodie is that mine mummy?"
" NO it's MINE mmmwwwhhhaaaa"

I will post photos later in the week when I receive some more goodies....damn slow post.....just because I live in WA do they all think it stands for Wait Awhile?Huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
lol-lol
www.osier.com.au

i love my rabbit, sam. and he loves me.

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007 05:38:42 AM »

tanza- well im in WA, perth hills, and ive gotten two parcels... so goodluck!

geek-pride- i received from you today! sooooo funky and cute. i loved the card too.... polkadots are my fave!
i'm sooooo sorry about your pin backing....  Undecided i apologise a squllion times... ive done that a few times recently.. one of them being a consignment peice... Angry... and im glad you liked the results of my wist stalking...

kitten-wrangler - im glad you enjoyed my wist stalking too! the other two magnets are fabric close-ups of a skirt and a bag you'd wisted...
and i hope you dont mind that i didnt paint the characters on your pendant... they seemed a little hard. but that origami backing paper is authentic silk fibre paper given to me from a japanese exchange student we had staying with us.... so hope it makes up for it.

and now i get to show off MY goodies!!!

from pinkstars69:

oh my god i dont beleive it. stupid camera has run flat. will post pics later... grrrrr!

p.s. everyone elses things look fabulous! we sure got some talent here!... i especially admire that purse/wallet you have there kitten-wrangler!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps :: www.osier.com.au
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007 05:49:36 AM »

and i hope you dont mind that i didnt paint the characters on your pendant... they seemed a little hard. but that origami backing paper is authentic silk fibre paper given to me from a japanese exchange student we had staying with us.... so hope it makes up for it.

I don't mind at all! I know that kanji can be really hard to write at times (insert here memory of a Japanese freind of mine, trying to teach me to write some kanji, and laughing every time my ill-written character turned out 10 times the size of hers). I've been holding it up to a dress I've just finished making for myself, and wondering if it matches right enough, or if I should just wear my new earrings with it... Hmm...  I think I'll save the kanji pendant to wear with something else, and hold out for the heatwave to finish, before I wear the red one with my black wardrobe.

Oh lord, will the heat never end? I just checked the weather online... apparently it's 21 degrees, and 80% humidity. I am going to get rapidly and completely plastered at our start-of-semester drinks Tuesday evening!

I love that pink beanie that pinkstars has received. There's just something very very cool about beanies with earflaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
ecreations

John 3:16 - a life changing message

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007 03:46:08 PM »

I received my last parcel today!
A bunch of goodies from Cyndi !
I requested a glass slide pendant and a nestlace.

The whole lot:

The nestlace (I love how the length is adjustable, I'm wearing right now)

Both sides of the glass slide pendant (sorry the pics are so dark, flash and glass just don't mix!)

The bonus braclet

And scoobie pen

And there was two cute pouches, that can be seen in the first pic.

THANKS Cyndiq
for these great items, and for organizing this whole swap
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019 10:45:46 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007 05:32:11 PM »

geek-pride- i received from you today! sooooo funky and cute. i loved the card too.... polkadots are my fave!
i'm sooooo sorry about your pin backing....  Undecided i apologise a squllion times...

You mentioned that you liked polka dots! Wink Don't worry about the pinbacking on the kanzashi. It was easily replaced, but the main kanzashi part I have never learned to do, so I really appreciated it!

I liked the little fabric pouch that pinkstars69 got. The fabric was cute and bright!

Wow ecreations! You scored! Good job cyndiq! Those scooby pens ... you're going to have to start charging for those! I predict they are going to continue to be popular... Cheesy I am assuming the nestlace came in the little pouch with the bird embroidered on it - Clever! Grin

I love the bush you hung it on too ecreations! My mum has one, its flowers are gorgeous!

I am sick of the heat. Damn those green house gases and all our polluting ... Sad
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007 05:39:25 PM by geek-pride » THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarylass
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007 08:20:49 PM »

rest assured you did send me exactly the same as kitten wrangler, I just wanted to show off! (living proof if you will)

Glad you like the beanie pinkstars, hope it keeps your ears warm.

hot heat and stinky bad kids equals nightmare. Ick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007 10:08:42 PM »

AAaaargh! Don't mention woolly beanies!

The humidity! The humidity!  Cry  I braved the heat and made a dash out to the letterbox (we don't have that new-fangled invention called air-conditioning) and found a package from cyndiq!

Here it is!

See the cute owl card? There was a matching sticker on the envelope.
There is the microscope slide pendant I asked for (which is very ladylike - I am trying to be more of a lady Grin) It is really pretty and goes with some of my lady-like clothes rally well!  Smiley

with a lovely pouch which cyndiq embroidered my initial on

and a surprise extra! A stone pendant.

I wear semi-precious stone pendants a lot, so good guess cyndiq!

Sorry about the blurry photos, my camera is on strike. Sad I think it doesn't like the weather! Cheesy

Thank you cyndiq! Its lovely!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 02:57:17 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmd32
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2007 01:44:18 AM »

Okay!! Got a couple more packages today, and got pics taken before it got dark, so without further ado:

Lol-lol's pendants and magnets:

I sent her some pics for the magnets, and I am SO IN LOVE WITH THEM!! Cheesy I love the green pendant, too, and my dd has made off with the multicolor one already. Cheesy

Geek-Pride's green beaded necklace and card:

I LOVE this necklace!! It totally matches the colors I wear, and it looks great!! (A tiny embarrassing sidenote..I am preeettyy sure that pic on the card was the front cover of one of my fave books when I was a young teenager *cough* lol)

Librarylass's beanies:

The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! Kalki says his is the All Black colors (their dad is Kiwi), and wore his all around the shopping center, and then halfway home, before the heat got to him, lol!
ETA forgot to mention, she also put in a supersoft little yellow knitted washcloth, as an early birthday present! Cheesy THANK YOU! Grin

Cyndiq's pendant, little bag, and cards...she also made a scoobie pen, but it's been made off with somewhere already! lol:

I love that pendant!! I really need to get the rest of my supplies to practice making them, cause they are SO COOL! And the little bag is super cute! Cheesy My dd has her eye on the cards, too...she writes lots of letters to her friends, and loves things like that for sending...I am thinking about it, lol!

Oh, man, I forgot about eCreations shuffle cover again!! It is being worn by my shuffle, and permanently resides on the bottom of my purse, so I keep forgetting about it!!  I'll try to remember to get a pic tomorrow!!

Okay, I think I have received from everyone so far except Jane Doe, so I am pretty much caught up, I think! I need to remember who I need to PM, now, though..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007 01:54:08 AM by mmd32 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmd32
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2007 01:57:22 AM »

rest assured you did send me exactly the same as kitten wrangler, I just wanted to show off! (living proof if you will)
Lol, okay, I was starting to get worried a little...so many swaps, and so many items, I was scared I was going to mix something up bigtime somewhere! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarylass
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2007 03:08:41 AM »

glad your kids like the beanies! super funky kids too Cheesy I'm lusting over those pendants as well... I have a postie card! going to pick it up tomorrow morning.. yippee!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian
@Home This Weekend: For The Birds
November 6, 2019 Featured Projects

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...