A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
224 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Starlet (popcorn stitch hat)  (Read 56905 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

nosyred
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007 05:35:32 AM »

I know!  I like using dpns more, but the sets of 4 have finally driven me to magic loop.  it's just so unpleasant.

tragicheroine, how many balls of microspun did you use?  (I'm kind of unfamiliar with using two strands held together -- does that mean I need to buy two balls of yarn?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tragicheroine
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007 10:25:47 AM »

I know!  I like using dpns more, but the sets of 4 have finally driven me to magic loop.  it's just so unpleasant.

tragicheroine, how many balls of microspun did you use?  (I'm kind of unfamiliar with using two strands held together -- does that mean I need to buy two balls of yarn?)

Well I knit from frogged things so I'm not really sure how much I used, more than one ball I think, so I'd get two. If you're going to make something similar to this, you don't have to use the two strands together method, I just had that yarn handy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R3n331
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007 12:38:58 PM »

cool, real pretty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyinskulls

i gave my heart to rock n roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007 12:49:30 PM »

Very cute! I want to make one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007 07:27:52 PM »

I absolutely love it! Knitted hats are my new favorite thing, since I have a (slightly Smiley) large head, and store-bought don't fit! I'm going to attempt to create one that's a combination of your hat and the DROPS pattern- we'll see how it goes! I've never made anything without a full pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laura_borealis
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2007 04:48:55 PM »

i really like your hat, tracicherione, it reminds me of a pine cone, the way the bobbles sort of spiral around.. there is a name for that type of mathematical sequence but i can't remember it..

good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007 06:30:01 PM »

adorable; i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

messel
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007 10:06:53 PM »

K, I'm not sure if you'll remember this or not.  But my only question is how many inches did you knit before you began decreasing, and also what is the length of your initial ribbing.  I totally like you're so much more than the garnstudio one, so that's why I'm curious.  Well done, btw. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007 06:27:10 AM »

i really like your hat, tracicherione, it reminds me of a pine cone, the way the bobbles sort of spiral around.. there is a name for that type of mathematical sequence but i can't remember it..

good work!

fibbonacci sequence!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinnedtothepage
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007 12:10:17 AM »

great hat!  i saw it and pretty immediately decided to attempt to recreate it... it worked out pretty well so here is my not-very well written but should-be-accurate pattern for anyone who might be interested:

(I used some Lion Brand wool I had lying around and did not double up the yarn as in the original though that may have worked out better had I seen the suggestion first...)

CO 88 stitches

K in 1X1 ribbing on size 6 needles

Switch to size 9 circular needles and P all stitches

Round 1- *p1, k1, p1 into one stitch, k3tog tbl* repeat from * to * til end of round

Round 2 and all even rounds- P

Round 3- *k3tog tbl, p1, k1, p1 into one stitch* repeat from * to * til end of round

Repeat these three rounds til work measures about 5 inches, end on even round

Begin shaping crown

Round 1- *p8, p2tog* to end of round

Round 2- *p1, k1, p1 into one stitch, k3tog tbl* repeat from * to * til end of round

Round 3- P all stitches

Round 4- *p7, p2tog* to end of round

Round 5- *k3tog tbl, p1, k1, p1 into one stitch* repeat from * to * til end of round

Round 6- P all stitches

Round 7- *p6, p2tog* to end of round

Round 8- *p1, k1, p1 into one stitch, k3tog tbl* repeat from * to * til end of round

Continue in this way, decreasing number of purled stitches between decreases by one.  When you've gotten to last row (aka *p0, p2tog*), break the yarn a foot away from the knitting, thread the yarn through the remaining loops twice, pull closed, and weave in the ends.

Thanks for the inspiration Smiley

-tara

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007 02:50:26 AM by pinnedtothepage » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pom Pom Shades
February 21, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Ribbon Scarf

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...