A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 314,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
197 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitted Dishcloth/Washcloth Swap? Swap is now open!!! First 30 to sign up!  (Read 5556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

misswendiki
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007 09:36:31 AM »

Elphalba, I'll be looking for the signups. I'm so excited!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iwriteplays
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007 10:30:45 PM »

This sounds like fun! I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007 04:04:53 AM »

this sounds like fun. i'm waiting for feedback on my first swap right now.

two questions:

what kind of yarn do you use for a dishcloth??

what about a "scrubbie"?? i found a pattern for one of those a few nights ago and it seems pretty cool and a fast knit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007 04:05:59 AM »

I might do this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misswendiki
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007 06:05:37 AM »

what kind of yarn do you use for a dishcloth??

I usually use "Peaches and Cream" or "Sugar and Cream" brands of cotton. It's inexpensive, they sell it everywhere, and it comes in a ton of colors. I read somewhere that Bernat's "Cotton Tots" brand works great also. I picked some up on sale recently, but haven't tried it yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007 09:59:02 AM »

I recently picked up some cotton tots too thinking to myself it seemed totally suitable for washcloths. I also recently found a bunch of Debbie Bliss cotton on clearance at my LYS. It still ended up being about 3.50 - 4.00  a skein though - a lot more expensive than Peaches & Cream at Wally World for 1.29 each or Sugar & Cream for about 1.50 each at Michaels. Joanns sells the larger size Sugar & Cream for 1.99.Im not sure if you can get 2 washclothes out of that or not cause I havent tried it yet. Anybody any experience with that size? Despite the price difference the plus side was the color selection of the Debbie Bliss. They have so many beautiful colors! :-)
If you are going to do a design/pattern in your washcloth though (which Im sure most of us will)- only use solid colosr- not the variated or you wont be able to see the design too well.
I will post this swap tomorrow on the Swap board since we have so much interest. It should prove to be a blast!
Hugs
Elphie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Non judgement day is near.
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007 12:55:44 PM »

what about a "scrubbie"?? i found a pattern for one of those a few nights ago and it seems pretty cool and a fast knit

oh, i've been looking for something exactly like this.. could you share where you found the pattern for the "scrubbie"? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007 07:12:34 AM »

oh, i've been looking for something exactly like this.. could you share where you found the pattern for the "scrubbie"? 

i'm going to be 100% honest with you. there are quite a lot of patterns out there. it would take me quite some time to list them all...so i'll show you HOW i found them so you can see what you like.

i google imaged "dishcloth and scrubbie pattern" so i can see what they look like. i found lots this way.

i then just googled "discloth and scrubbie pattern". the very first site that comes up has a really good and long list of free patterns (crochet and knit). dishandwashclothmania.com... i think was the site.

they're quick and easy. i liked that a few state to use acrylic yarn because they're more "abbrasive". this will help is slashing my yucky acrylic yarn stash.

hth
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007 07:28:07 AM »

i google imaged "dishcloth and scrubbie pattern" so i can see what they look like. i found lots this way.
hth

oh, this is perfect & you are wonderful! i had been wondering how to find them, but i had no idea what they were called (or that they would ever be called anything that made as much sense as "scrubbie").  thank you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misswendiki
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007 07:39:24 AM »

BrideOFkniterstein,
I just checked out http://dishandwashclothmania.wordpress.com/ What a fun site! Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to sign up for this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Color Splash Feathers
Everybody Poops.
Meatless Monday: Crockpot Pumpkin Apple Oatmeal and Leftover Oatmeal Cookies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...