A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Pimp my background" gallery  (Read 5282 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Person, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2007 08:39:09 PM »

Message from rackycoo: aliastriona_angerboda had a bit of an artist's block, and Teeisme jumped in to help her out. From there, this gallery was born. Feel free to post your incomplete atc's here, and see what your fellow craftsters do with them.

TWO THINGS: Make sure you create your own background to post, and only use non-copyrighted images when "fixing" someone's card. Have fun with it! I can't wait to see what happens.
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '__________________________________________________________')

I'm stuck.  There's about 20 minutes till February and I have no ideas Tongue  Spent the past few hours glueing scraps to a random background, but it's unfinished and going nowhere:

I got nothin'.  Anybody want to finish a card for me? Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007 08:10:03 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007 09:37:45 PM »

You're never alone here.

Will this do?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019 02:38:04 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
finished the 100 ATC Theme Challenge!!
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
aliastriona_angerboda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007 09:45:30 PM »

Haha!  I told my family it needed "faces and funny hats", but I lack ink in my printer and couldn't draw what was in my head...thanks! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007 09:48:14 PM »

Hey, what are friends for?  Couldn't let you end the month with a blank card!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
finished the 100 ATC Theme Challenge!!
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
aliastriona_angerboda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007 10:12:49 PM »

It makes me want to start a 'Digital JAM' type thread...post a background and give everybody license to do what they want with it, as long as they post the results...imagine all the different ways a simple background could be interpreted/altered...participants could even ask for further additions to their additions...it would be insanity!  But fun insanity Wink

Okay, I'm rambling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raina.storms
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007 11:00:41 PM »

Collaboration! Awesome guys! Shocked  Tee, that was PERFECT. Smiley

And, A_A I think that's a great idea. I just don't know if it would be allowed. Undecided

ETA: Yay! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007 10:29:06 AM by raina.storms » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007 04:12:15 AM »

oh nifty idea!!

I can make a background in PaintShopPro or PhotoShop and post it here, and we can do a digital card.. I'll let anyone who wants to attempt use the background I make..

Why wouldn't it be allowed if whoever makes the background gives express permission that it could be used?  Wouldn't that fall under the "creative commons" licence?  I mean, these ATCs aren't for sale, so.. I don't see that there would be a problem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007 06:33:58 AM »

oh nifty idea!!

I can make a background in PaintShopPro or PhotoShop and post it here, and we can do a digital card.. I'll let anyone who wants to attempt use the background I make..

Why wouldn't it be allowed if whoever makes the background gives express permission that it could be used?  Wouldn't that fall under the "creative commons" licence?  I mean, these ATCs aren't for sale, so.. I don't see that there would be a problem?
Make your own thread (like I do with the Scavenger hunts) and it should be legit...
I actually want to do this with real paper backgrounds...I got some leftover cardstock cards from my church with a really cool image on them....I want to send one to everyone I swap ATCs with on Craftster for a few months to get them out, then have everyone use it to make a card.  I have to spread them slowly though, since that would be a LOT of postage out otherwise!  Smiley  I'll start sending this week, hopefully...send 3 to each person, and ask them to spread them around in their swaps as well, til everyone has one!  It will be a really cool scavenger hunt challenge in March.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raina.storms
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007 10:29:53 AM »

oh nifty idea!!

I thought it might cause a bandwidth problem. Wink

I actually want to do this with real paper backgrounds...I got some leftover cardstock cards from my church with a really cool image on them....I want to send one to everyone I swap ATCs with on Craftster for a few months to get them out, then have everyone use it to make a card.  I have to spread them slowly though, since that would be a LOT of postage out otherwise!  Smiley  I'll start sending this week, hopefully...send 3 to each person, and ask them to spread them around in their swaps as well, til everyone has one!  It will be a really cool scavenger hunt challenge in March.

What a great idea! Grin
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007 10:31:46 AM by raina.storms » THIS ROCKS   Logged
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007 10:57:12 AM »

What a great idea! Grin
Thanks!  I have at least 40 of them.  I'm sending the first few out today, with each person I'll send 3...then they can send more on to the peeps they swap with.  Hopefully most everyone will have one in a month!  The rest can just print the Jpeg from online.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...