A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
199 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Garter Lace Headband  (Read 2256 times)
Tags for this thread: headband  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Emily
« on: January 30, 2007 04:04:31 PM »

I was not at all planning to enter the challenge but some last minute inspiration and one lost Panta made it happen.  I was very sad after I lost my Panta, then I saw the popularity of Knitty's Calorimetry, then I saw One Stitch Challenge entries being posted and POOF!  Inspiration happened...it took a couple tries to get a headband I was happy with and it still will never replace my lost Panta but here it is...

I went outside for natural light...I forgot I'd have to deal with the wind too...

The pattern is short row shaped like Calorimetry but of course gauge, weight of the yarn and needle size were adjusted significantly.  It was a super easy knit, took just over an hour, I definitely see more short row headbands in my future!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 01:04:25 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007 04:34:18 PM »

The stitch and yarn combination makes a great panta - good work & thanks for posting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007 05:27:27 PM »

Looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
raycheezy

Patches are my happiness and my hippyness.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007 03:42:55 PM »

That is very very lovely. The purple and blue together make me sooo happy. I'm sure it's wonderful to wear. By any chance could you give me a hint about the pattern? Truthfully, I am unable to read knitting patterns, but I know someone who could teach me(and I taught him to knit, too), and that looks like a wonderful thing for me to try. THanks so much for showing such a beautiful thing. Your hair is beautiful, but the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I LOVE personal swaps! If you see something I made that you like, and have anything fun or interesting or silly, tell me.
Emily
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007 04:35:13 PM »

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html

It's a modified version of this pattern^^^

Instead of ribbing, I did it in the garter lace pattern...which complicated things a bit.

The yarn is Paton's Shetland Chunky, I think the color is called denim.  I really like the yarn a lot! 

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51351.830

You can also check out this craftster thread, all about the Panta!  This is a link to the page with the pattern, it's a huge thread--nearly 90 pages!  I prefer the panta over the calorimetry as far as looks go--there's something about the panta--I think it compliments almost every head I've seen it on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raycheezy

Patches are my happiness and my hippyness.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007 06:28:42 PM »

Thanks so much. Next time I get the chance, I will truly attempt to force my friend to teach me to read patterns. It's not that I don't know how to knit, I do. I can knit and pearl and I recently learned how to cable. I just have never done anything with patterns except that cable project, which was incredibly simple. I probably will just stick to the ribbing for it, though. That other stitch sounds too complicated for me. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I LOVE personal swaps! If you see something I made that you like, and have anything fun or interesting or silly, tell me.
honeydew
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007 03:17:08 PM »

I like this much more than "calorimetry" which just seemed, to me, like a transposed panta. Props to you for seeing the potential in calorimetry and finding a better stitch pattern for the "short row headband" idea. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Stumpwork
Meatless Monday: Risotto
@Home This Weekend: Quick Wall Art

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...