A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 313,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
308 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Godzilla intarsia sweater! Updated - Chart Posted!  (Read 18435 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , godzilla  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

peeloutyourface
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004 03:47:04 PM »

Ok technically its not completely finished, but I felt like showing it off anyway. I have to do some seaming and weaving in ends and its finished. THe actual knitting is done though. This sweater is for my boyfriend. He's a big godzilla fan, actually more of a Gamera fan but I really didn't want to attempt Gamera, Godzilla has a more mermorable shape. The pattern is based on skully from s'n'b but as you can see I didn't use any skulls. I used Godzilla. I made up the chart from a basic godzilla drawing and some knitter's graph paper. I added green stripes around the neckline and sleeves to give it some pizazze or some shit. I think it would've looked a little boring with just godzilla. Woo Destroy Tokyo!

For all you people who wanted the chart - here it is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/suttiwan/godzilla5.jpg heres a link since they shrink the pics
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004 02:14:23 PM by peeloutyourface » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004 03:56:36 PM »

Go Go Godzilla!

Very cool.  I'm getting ready to try some intarsia.  I think I'm going to start with a stocking cap with the Tri-Force on it.  But I saw a sweater pattern the other day in someone's personal collection that was a BIG intarsia pattern for The Snowman.  (Remember that lovely no-talking short animated film from the 1980's with the snowman and the little boy?)  I LOVED it, and WISH I could find that pattern.  If I were as cool as you, I'd try to make my own, but I'm not.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
peeloutyourface
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004 04:11:50 PM »

Go Go Godzilla!

Very cool.  I'm getting ready to try some intarsia.  I think I'm going to start with a stocking cap with the Tri-Force on it.  But I saw a sweater pattern the other day in someone's personal collection that was a BIG intarsia pattern for The Snowman.  (Remember that lovely no-talking short animated film from the 1980's with the snowman and the little boy?)  I LOVED it, and WISH I could find that pattern.  If I were as cool as you, I'd try to make my own, but I'm not.   Grin

Its not that hard. Find some knitter's graph paper. Get a picture of whatever you want and trace it on the graph paper. then just determine which boxes you want filled and which ones you don't. Then I used excel to make it prettier and easier to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paperandglue

Is it nap time yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004 07:15:06 PM »

Lucky boyfriend! That sweater looks awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004 05:35:43 AM »

Now if someone would please make a Mothera intarsia pattern, I can truly be happy!

Jill

PS - awesome job on the sweater, your BF should worship your ability as a knitter if he doesn't already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emling
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004 06:32:22 AM »

That is amazingly cool.  I like the little green stripe around the neckband--it really ties it all together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004 04:45:02 PM »

that is so totally cool...  I am very impressed that you designed and charted it all by youself!  I haven't even done any intarsia patterns yet, period, let alone designing one myself!  great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
Mickey McMickerson

ladies is pimps too

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004 04:48:48 PM »

"Up from the depths, thirty stories high! Breathing fire, head in the sky... Godzilla! Godzilla!"
Haha, anyway, that sweater is AWESOME and I'm sure your boyfriend will love it. Was the intarsia very hard? My next project is also an intarsia sweater and I've never tried it before. Keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some of these mornings and it won't be long
You're gonna wake up calling me and I'll be gone
peeloutyourface
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004 05:18:50 PM »

"Up from the depths, thirty stories high! Breathing fire, head in the sky... Godzilla! Godzilla!"
Haha, anyway, that sweater is AWESOME and I'm sure your boyfriend will love it. Was the intarsia very hard? My next project is also an intarsia sweater and I've never tried it before. Keep up the good work!

its not that hard. I just finished weaving in the ends, it took me like 3 hours, billiions and billions of ends. BOO. its really not that difficult.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerEyes
Super Flirt! *wink*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004 04:18:29 PM »

Very cool!!  Maybe someone can come up with a King Kong intarsia pattern so that you can have a "King Kong vs. Godzilla" sweater. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I get sh*t done!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...