A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 313,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
185 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 35592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2007 06:41:27 PM »

Awwww....all of these nice compliments and all I did was get lucky with a great group of people.  I wish ALL swaps had such great people---some are very quiet and don't quite have the chemistry of this one.  Smiley  Thank you for all of the nice things everyone has said.  I'm sad to see it winding down, but I'm already seeing most of you popping up in other swaps and discussion boards.  Please remember--if you are ever having any problems or questions, please PM me!  I'll always get back to you and try to help as best I can!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
valsped

Can you guess my real name from this?

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2007 06:56:28 PM »

you don't have to even think about the meaning of my name: Crystal. Pretty simple, and then my parents made my middle name Dawn. With a maiden name like Valentine I have gotten all kinds of comments (from...your parents must have been hippies, to that sounds like a stripper name!)
I think I have the habbit of overcommiting myself (to the point where my hubby thinks I need to be 'commited'Wink but I will be joining 3 swaps as soon as I have feedback. Two regular ones (Undomestic Goddes, and Lisa Frank) and a super simple one (really a supply swap) to make a Rapunzel scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am addicted swaps, including personal swaps!
TripleThreads
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2007 10:26:14 PM »

I received my package, and it's so great! I will post pictures as soon as possible tomorrow. Knitting_kninja did an awesome job. (Must hide Squishy from the puppy of doom.) I hope she likes the stuff I made her as much as I like the stuff she made me. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitting_kninja
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2007 11:31:41 PM »

EEEE!   I'm so excited that you like all your stuff.  ^_^  I feel all warm and fuzzy now. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldsheepbowl
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2007 11:39:22 PM »

Why must the postman always come here late in the morning, can you tell i'm impatient? Wink Cheesy

Can't wait to see the recently received package (and squishy!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldsheepbowl
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2007 01:30:52 AM »

Ok, so I received from Yellowladybug not long after I posted that last comment...Tongue
Which was perfect timing, because the easiest job to get I got a rejection letter from Embarrassed which is crazy, because they offered my lazy brother a job *sigh*

Anyway, on with the photos Cheesy I can't resist
A gorgeous knitted bag and purse! and the lovely flower fabric? That's the lining of the bag too Cheesy

Next up, a one that's kind of from my wists, a fantastic goldfish pincushion that's got a wrist strap Smiley against my lovely morning window condensation. It's a quite poor attempt at an action shot Tongue
The white buttons of his eyes are somewhat pearly in person Smiley

The very last, and my favourite, because they're so thoughtful and they incorporate my three favourite colours Cheesy
Purple and black mary-jane slippers! Cheesy I love that they have reversed stripes, and that they have cute little turquoise buttons Cheesy The purple looks blue, but I assure everyone, they're a rich darkish purple.

(sorry about the brightness of the socks Cheesy)

I know I've declared it lots already, but thanks so much yellowladybug!
I'm so glad I chose this swap as my first one Grin
And my feet are so warm!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007 01:43:44 AM by goldsheepbowl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowladybug
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2007 01:50:27 AM »

Yay!  The goldfish looks very happy to be in his new home! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists-http://www.wists.com/yellowladybug
valsped

Can you guess my real name from this?

« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2007 05:59:46 AM »

I have received!!
Chicago Essie says she will post pics this weekend, cause my camera is being a butt again (of course right when I REALLY need it!!)
She sent me a cute apron to keep me clean when I do messy projects with the kiddos at school, and the BESTEST reversible tote bag that MATCHES the apron and a package of pencils with a cool springish pattern on them!!
My favorite part of the apron is that it has LOTS of pockets. The 'standard issue' ones at work (only 1/2 aprons to keep necesities close at hand) only have 3 pockets and my new one had 6!! I showed it off yesterday and one lady was begging me for it! (anyone want to do a personal swap for an apron with the entire front covered in pockets? Wink
The tote will either be my library bag (I get tons of resource books weekly) or for lugging stuff to school for experiments (too cute since it matches the 'experiment day' apron!!)
Thank you again Chicago Essie!! I can't wait till you get yours! It should be there today at the latest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am addicted swaps, including personal swaps!
TripleThreads
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2007 07:52:39 AM »

So, I took the photos out of order a little, but I'm posting them up in the approximate order it should have gone. Wink Pretty pic heavy, I was having fun. ^_^;;

Oooh, what's in the box?

All sorts of neat stuff! (Minus the slippers, already on feet.)

Rose checking out Squishy:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/Elfmaid/RecSwap/RecNewbie0005.jpg

Clearly he met with approval! No, don't steal him!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/Elfmaid/RecSwap/RecNewbie0004.jpg

Yay slippers! Obligatory action shot. Cheesy

And in the little boxes:

Magnets!

Pretty earrings:

Earring closeups:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/Elfmaid/RecSwap/RecNewbie0012.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/Elfmaid/RecSwap/RecNewbie0011.jpg

Rose pouting because I won't let her have Squishy:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/Elfmaid/RecSwap/RecNewbie0014.jpg

Noo, don't run away with the slippers!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/Elfmaid/RecSwap/RecNewbie0015.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitting_kninja
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2007 10:02:42 AM »

Wow - that feeling is sucha rush, looking at stuff -I- made...far far away.  I'm addicted. Oh geez.  XD

Oh man, my wrapping job is so tacky!!  *hides*   Thats what you get for sending on your luch break, XD. 

ROSE IS SO CUTE, OMG.  I wish I'd made her a little squishy too!   Awww, your little babes are so sweet.

Yay slippers that fit!  I've never made anything like them before - they should be reaally warm. 

I'm so glad you like the earrings - I'd never done anything like the chandelier ones - I'm happy they turned out so well.  I'm gonna -have- to make you an earring holder now you realize. 

And the magnets...are silly!   I got my images from a comic called "Lenore" which someone gifted me...I find the content of them really offensive...but I love the little drawings!   So they needed to become magnets.  Very silly magnets.  I like the pirate one and the little dog in the tummy one.  ^_^  The others are just these cute little skull guys playing instruments, the Ogan player didn't turn out, unfortunately - he's home with me.  Busted.  OH, and pumkinhead.  Because everyone loves Pumpkinheads.

AND SQUISHY.  <3  I love making monsters. 

I'm so glad you like everything!   Yay!  WHAT AN AWESOME SWAP. 

I should get my package on Monday - hooray! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...