A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
110 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Simple Snape Dammit Doll  (Read 3979 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2007 03:37:18 PM »

I've been feeling a bit... erm, craftipated, and decided on a simple & fun project that might help me get back on the crafty track.

I've seen Snape as a dammit doll before and decided to do one of my own.  I've left him with a, shall we say "blank" expression?   (Read: I suck at faces.)

One of my friends has suggested Voldie, Umbridge & the Malfoys as possible future candidates to be dammit dolled.  Now I need a Snaperific poem to go along with him.

For the pattern, I drew out the shape I wanted then cut the hands, feet & head away from the body, cut those out of muslin and the body out of black adding seam allowance to all the pieces.  I then attached hands, feet & head, then sewed front to back.  I stuffed it & stitched up the hole I'd left for stuffing.  For the hair... I wrapped black yarn around a 6" ruler, then stitched it down the middle, hand-stitched it to his head then gave it a trim so to achieve those "greasy black curtains" of hair.

I had some issues with the corners (under the arms, neck, etc).  I think it was more the fabric than the pattern.  The black fabric was a little too loosely woven, so the stitching was pulling out.  I think if I used a tighter fabric, I wouldn't have the same problems.

I'm may make some shoes and a cloak for him, but I haven't decided yet.  I kind of like him just the way he is.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - free quilt patterns, weekly videos, & more!
Fandom In Stitches - absolutely free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans!
marleah
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007 04:00:12 PM »

A cloak would be awesome! Maybe not shoes, but I think a cloak would really look great. And a wand!! Ok, maybe I'm getting a bit carried away. Nice job!

Oh, and "craftipated" is so my new favorite word.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenfishes73
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007 07:08:31 PM »

His hair is perfect - and I agree - "craftipated" is now in my vocabulary!

PS - what is a dammit doll?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007 12:17:02 PM »

Hehe, I've coined a new word. Cheesy

A dammit doll is to work out your pent up frustrations.  It has extra long legs so you can hold onto them while you beat it's head against whatever is convenient... wall, desk, etc and say "dammit, dammit, dammit." 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - free quilt patterns, weekly videos, & more!
Fandom In Stitches - absolutely free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...